Link to "Squeak by Example" is broken

LawsonEnglish
The link found at https://squeak.org/documentation/ for Squeak by Example is actually to a domain that is currently for sale.

IOW, there’s no obvious way to get to the book from the main squeak website.

Re: Link to "Squeak by Example" is broken

Hannes Hirzel
There is a wiki page which has a link to the repository and a PDF

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6546

HH.

On 10/16/18, LawsonEnglish <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The link found at https://squeak.org/documentation/ for Squeak by Example is
> actually to a domain that is currently for sale.
>
> IOW, there’s no obvious way to get to the book from the main squeak
> website.

Re: Link to "Squeak by Example" is broken

LawsonEnglish
Thanks. I wasn’t reporting that I couldn’t find the text, but that it is’t linked to appropriately. It was a heads up the community about a problem.

If you want something to be useful to newbies, you gotta provide newbie links, and not assume that everyone knows how to google effectively.

Even the link you give is to a rather ugly looking draft. The original link was to the printer-ready PDF that could be used to make a reasonably professional looking book

L.

> On Oct 16, 2018, at 11:32 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> There is a wiki page which has a link to the repository and a PDF
>
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6546
>
> HH.
>
> On 10/16/18, LawsonEnglish <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The link found at https://squeak.org/documentation/ for Squeak by Example is
>> actually to a domain that is currently for sale.
>>
>> IOW, there’s no obvious way to get to the book from the main squeak
>> website.

Re: Link to "Squeak by Example" is broken

K K Subbu
On Tuesday 16 October 2018 11:34 PM, LawsonEnglish wrote:
> The link found at https://squeak.org/documentation/ for _Squeak by
> Example_ is actually to a domain that is currently for sale.
>
> IOW, there’s no obvious way to get to the book from the main squeak website.

Thanks Lawson for reporting this error. I have forwarded it to the page
admins.

The book itself is quite dated now after 11 years :-(. The online Help
in Squeak 5.2 is really handy and kept current.

For those who still prefer PDFs (e-reader, archival print, ...), many
public repositories maintain a copy. E.g.

     https://hal.inria.fr/inria-00441576v1

Regards .. Subbu