Linux desktop application?

1 message Options

Linux desktop application?

mcculloch
I've been trying to turn Squeak 4.4 into a desktop application in Linux (Ubuntu 13.04 specifically) from the "all-in-one" files.  The .deb files that Ubuntu supports don't work.  I did get Squeak to be recognized as an application by manually creating a ".desktop" file, but selecting the app to run an image file wouldn't work.

Has anyone done this successfully?

Other clues:

When I run squeakvm by hand, it complains that the X11 shared library can't be found.  I assume this is why it wouldn't run as an application.

I installed the 3.9 Ubuntu package and it did install a "squeak.desktop" file, but Squeak wasn't getting recognized as an app.

The "all-in-one" files have what appear to be shared libraries but they start with "so." instead of ending with ".so".