Lively Kernel BOF movie up!

Göran Krampe
Hi folks!

Ok, last movie is up - the 44 minute BOF about the Lively Kernel that Dan
held. Grab it here:

   http://goran.krampe.se/livelybof.avi.torrent

Also, Dan may host it on a Sun server soon, but he can post about that
when he gets it set up.

regards, Göran

PS. Sorry about the slow start on this one, it is only seeded from an old
Ultra5 sitting in my attic on a lowly ADSL line. ;)

Re: Lively Kernel BOF movie up!

Alexander Lazarevic'
Here is an instant viewable version like the two before:

http://en.sevenload.com/videos/4M9rJio/Squeak-BOF-OOPSLA-2007-3-3

Alex

[OT]RE: Lively Kernel BOF movie up!

SmallSqueak

What an enlightenment the lively finger of the ES is pointing to!
(NO, ES does NOT stand for EcmaScript, that's Enlightened Smalltalker ;-)

He mentioned that his finger is rather slow on XO.

I can't wait to see it in the silver moon light, empowered with ES4.
(NO, ES4 is NOT Enlightened Smalltalker's Forth! It's EcmaScript 4! ;-)

In the mean time, I downloaded LivelyKernel-SourceCode-0.7.zip, unzipped it
and tried to host it (using IIS 5.1) on http://localhost then pointing
Safari to http://localhost/LivelyKernel/index.xhtml.

No morphs, nothing at all.

Did I miss something? How can I host it on my local host?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

SmallSqueak.

P.S: Morphic in JavaScript on the heels of Squeak in Java.
     What a duel.

RE: [OT]RE: Lively Kernel BOF movie up!

SmallSqueak

Oops, there is a typo right here.
It should be an 'a' instead of 'e' ;-)

Cheers,

SmallSqueak.

[OT]RE: Lively Kernel BOF movie up!

Dan Ingalls
>In the mean time, I downloaded LivelyKernel-SourceCode-0.7.zip, unzipped it
>and tried to host it (using IIS 5.1) on http://localhost then pointing
>Safari to http://localhost/LivelyKernel/index.xhtml.
>
>No morphs, nothing at all.
>
>Did I miss something? How can I host it on my local host?

Ack.  Yes, but it's not your fault.  You also need FireBug.
This was accidentally left out of the above zip file.

Unzip the attached file, and put the resulting folder into your
SourceCode-07 folder.  Then things should work OK.

I'll get someone to fix this asap.

Thanks for the alert.

        - Dan

firebug.zip (11K) Download Attachment