Tony Garnock-Jones-3
Hi all,

While installing FFI on a fresh Squeak4.5-12568 image,
CogMT.app-13.22.2732 segvs. Attached is crash.dmp.

Steps to reproduce:

 1. Download those versions of Cog and Squeak.
 2. Open the image.
 3. Open a workspace.
 4. Paste the following:

        (Installer repository: 'http://source.squeak.org/FFI')
        install: 'FFI-Pools';
        install: 'FFI-Kernel';
        install: 'FFI-Tests'.

 5. Select all in the workspace.
 6. Doit.

A normal progress meter will appear and eventually the VM will crash
mid-way through the load.

Regards,
  Tony

crash.dmp (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Loading FFI crashes my VM

Frank Shearar-3
On 13 Jun 2013, at 1:00, Tony Garnock-Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While installing FFI on a fresh Squeak4.5-12568 image,
> CogMT.app-13.22.2732 segvs. Attached is crash.dmp.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 1. Download those versions of Cog and Squeak.
> 2. Open the image.
> 3. Open a workspace.
> 4. Paste the following:
>
>    (Installer repository: 'http://source.squeak.org/FFI')
>    install: 'FFI-Pools';
>    install: 'FFI-Kernel';
>    install: 'FFI-Tests'.
>
> 5. Select all in the workspace.
> 6. Doit.
>
> A normal progress meter will appear and eventually the VM will crash
> mid-way through the load.
>
> Regards,
>  Tony
> <crash.dmp>

I'll need to check by hand but I don't see errors for FFI in the latest ExternalPackages build (which uses the above VM + latest updated image).

frank

Re: Loading FFI crashes my VM

Tony Garnock-Jones-3
On 2013-06-13 4:15 AM, Frank Shearar wrote:
> I'll need to check by hand but I don't see errors for FFI in the latest ExternalPackages build (which uses the above VM + latest updated image).

It seems to have been something to do with the image at update 12568 in
particular. Updating the image from there to the latest (12782) lets FFI
and Crypto-Nacl load OK, without crashing the VM. Sorry for the noise,
and thanks for the pointer to check out the latest stuff!

(Perhaps http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk/Squeak4.5-12568.zip could be
removed/replaced/updated?)

Regards,
  Tony

Re: Loading FFI crashes my VM

Frank Shearar-3
Sigh. This was meant to go to the list as well.