bprior
I didn't have success with this. I expect it's because Pharo no longer has a Preferences class but uses a Settings class now.

Re: Loading Gem Tools Into Pharo 1.4

Dale Henrichs
GemTools is not supported on Pharo1.4 ... for awhile the biggest issue was that the later versions of the vm had bugs in the FFI api  ... that particular bug has been fixed and now the issue is that OmniBrowser has changed quite a bit since GemTools was originally written.

Pharo 1.1.1 is the latest version of Pharo that works with GemTools.

Instead of porting the new version of OmniBrowser to GemStone (there are network performance issues related to using OmniBrowser that are difficult to overcome), I started work a year or so ago on tODE[1] a web browser based development environment for Smalltalk with the expectation that it would lead to a new version of GemTools.

Just recently I have taken the basic ideas from tODE and applied them to remote GemStone development environment called topez[2] (screen shot[3]). Topez is currently running in Pharo1.4, but I expect that it will be easily portable to Squeak (or other Smalltalk dialects) as it is built using simple GUI elements (lists and text)

I'm only a month into development, but the results are very promising and I expect that topez will turn into the next generation of GemTools within a couple of months.

Dale

[1] http://code.google.com/p/tode/
[2] https://github.com/dalehenrich/topez
[3] https://raw.github.com/dalehenrich/topez/debugger/docs/screenShot_2012-10-24.png