Marcus Denker
Hi,

Honestly, the 3.9 setup of managing the image with MC is killing
me... it just does not work well.
We need to find another way or improve it. (I have no time to do this
in paralell to get 3.9 out of
the door).

I am spending more time fighting with getting all packaged to load or
painstackingly updateing
the scriploader scripts by hand... doing a release take *hours* as
soon as something goes
wrong, and at least 30min for the most trivial case.

My latest fun problems

a) Upstream maintainers want to have their packages in as is, they
should not be merged...
b) moving methods between packages just does not work. They somehow
disappear.

And everything just is far, far to slow. Impossibly slow.

I don't know how long it will take to do a 7005... I hope this
weekend. Syncing with SqueakLand
is far away, as I am truly burned out... 150 changesets to go, I
don't know when I will find
the energy for that.

           Marcus

Re: Loading a package vs. Merging?

stéphane ducasse-2
marcus may be we should not harvest the changes from Squeakland.
Or load them as cs. May be this an idiot idea. But the idea of Avi of
dropping MC is worse to me.

Stef

On 05.03.2006, at 12:21, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> marcus may be we should not harvest the changes from Squeakland.

The problem where not squeakland changes, but a batch of MC/Traits
related
bug-fixes... I dropped those from 7005, I will look at them again to
see what
the problem really is... but not today.

        Marcus