cbeler
Hi...

I still have a problem when loading .st files.

It takes a very very long time... causing me not using squeak because I
just can't load anymore any packages !

I noticed it with monticello... where the loading phase is blocking at
the "snapshotting method" moment...
Even loading,  MCRepositories.st (which was instaneous before) takes
ages....

Do you have any idea of the origin of this problem ? I'm lost...
It's happening since I installed windows XP (all updades included)
- to me, it has something to do with some primitive opening/writing
files...  hitting cmd+. brings the debugger to the method register... I
also saw the method forcing the writting in the changes files...

Do you have any idea, direction ?

Thanks

Cédrick

Re: Loading .st is a problem for me

Derek O'Connell-2
Did you by any chance create a password protected account and enabled
encryption of personal files? I recently did this and things in
general were dog slow, so much that I removed the password to get rid
of the encrypting (did not seem to be an option just to stop
encryption).

Re: Loading .st is a problem for me

cbeler

> Did you by any chance create a password protected account and enabled
> encryption of personal files? I recently did this and things in
> general were dog slow, so much that I removed the password to get rid
> of the encrypting (did not seem to be an option just to stop
> encryption).

No idea... It's a prepared version of XP... I'll have a look in the
settings, but don't really know where.

Thanks anyway for the answer ;)