Local html file embedded in Wisconsin World

Local html file embedded in Wisconsin World

RichWhite
I am wanting to embed an html (local file) object in the base KAT demo
Wisconsin World. I see it in the KAT demo UnderWater World but can not locate
reference to how this is done in the package browser?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated !

Best Regards,
Rich

===========

Re: Local html file embedded in Wisconsin World

Howard Stearns-3
The underwater world shows local HTML files in the Squeak Scamper
browser. This is a real Web browser that will also work over the
Internet, but doesn't do a lot of stuff past, say, HTML 2 or 3 or so.

Here's how to sleuth out how to use it.

1. Notice that the text says 'How to make your own fish'. At this
point you don't know if that's generated content or from a file.
Let's check out the latter first. Use a disk search to see what file
has that text on your computer. (Mac Finder or Google Desktop. If
you're using Windows file system search, you're a braver and more
patient person than I.)  This shows that it's in the file Content/
Underwater/tutorials/embedded/fishPaint/fishPaint.html. OK, that fits.

2. There must be some reference to the file name 'fishPaint' as text
in the code. (If the html content had been generated by a program,
the first step would have shown no results. In that case, you'd be
looking for the original 'How to make your own fish' text here,
instead of for the text 'fishPaint'.)  Use the Squeak tools for
finding string literals in the code (e.g., cmd-E). See http://
opencroquet.org/index.php/Tutorials#Learning_Squeak

3. The string is used in UnderwaterWorld>>initialize.  OK, that fits.
Hey look, there's an example!
self makeWebPage: url extent: 512@256.
OK, that fits. We could look for more senders of #makeWebPage:extent.
(cmd-n. There aren't any others.) And we can look at how that method
is implemented. (cmd-m. Again, using the Squeak Tools mentioned in
'Learning_Squeak'.)

Have fun.
-Howard