LocaleTest >> #testLocaleChanged is completely broken

LocaleTest >> #testLocaleChanged is completely broken

Frank Shearar-3
I thought I'd take another run at fixing this test. The test as it
stands now fails because it checks that some particular preference
changes between Locale changes.

As it happens, it also assumes you have multiple Locales ('en' and
'ja', in particular). Trunk images don't, so the entire test is bogus.

It seems like the thing to do is to have a specific test Locale, and
rewrite the test to
* store the original Locale
* switch to the test Locale
* check in any way possible that the Locale changed (say by adding
LocaleTest class >> #localeChanged with a flag Boolean, for instance)

Sound good?

frank

Re: LocaleTest >> #testLocaleChanged is completely broken

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Wed, 17 Jul 2013, Frank Shearar wrote:

> I thought I'd take another run at fixing this test. The test as it
> stands now fails because it checks that some particular preference
> changes between Locale changes.
>
> As it happens, it also assumes you have multiple Locales ('en' and
> 'ja', in particular). Trunk images don't, so the entire test is bogus.

It used to download stuff for the 'ja' locale, if it was not present.

Levente

On 17 July 2013 22:29, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jul 2013, Frank Shearar wrote:
>
>> I thought I'd take another run at fixing this test. The test as it
>> stands now fails because it checks that some particular preference
>> changes between Locale changes.
>>
>> As it happens, it also assumes you have multiple Locales ('en' and
>> 'ja', in particular). Trunk images don't, so the entire test is bogus.
>

> It used to download stuff for the 'ja' locale, if it was not present.

It turns out I mis-spoke slightly. There _is_ a Locale for 'ja', but
no NaturalLanguageTranslator, which causes a fallback to the default
Locale - 'en'.

frank