classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Login issues with map|bugs.squeak.orb

Nicola Mingotti
Hi,

-] I suppose the username/password for Squeakmap and Mantis are the same, is it so ?

-] I would like to make a Squeakmap package for STON but I have issues logging into Squeakmap. I made a user, username "NMI", but I never received the confirmation email.

All attempts I made to re-login or rewrite the password failed.

I guess something is wrong.

bye
Nicola

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Login issues with map|bugs.squeak.orb

KenCausey

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 11:18 PM Nicola Mingotti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

-] I suppose the username/password for Squeakmap and Mantis are the same, is it so ?

No, these sites are entirely independent and have separate account management.

-] I would like to make a Squeakmap package for STON but I have issues logging into Squeakmap. I made a user, username "NMI", but I never received the confirmation email.

I haven't logged into map.squeak.org in so long I can't seem to find my own password.  So I attempted to reset it and the response timed out and I have not received an email either.  There does appear to be an issue with map.squeak.org sending email.

Ken

bye
Nicola

Reply | Threaded
|

Nicola Mingotti

Hi Ken,

On 9/10/19 9:57 PM, Ken Causey wrote:

Hi,

Then, where do I register a username for bugs.squeak.org ?

bye
n.

[rest skipped, you confirm you can replicate the other issue. ]

Reply | Threaded
|

KenCausey

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:07 AM Nicola Mingotti <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Ken,

Hi,

I'm really out of touch with Squeak these days.  I think bugs.squeak.org has been deprecated now for a few years and that new account creation has been disabled.  However, I don't recall now where a new account could be created.  I still have admin access and it appears that I can create an account.  But I think bug reports are preferred on the squeak-dev list now, or even better with tests and fixes inserted into the inbox.

Ken

bye
n.

Reply | Threaded
|

Nicola Mingotti

On 9/10/19 10:20 PM, Ken Causey wrote:

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:07 AM Nicola Mingotti <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Ken,

Hi,

I'm really out of touch with Squeak these days.  I think bugs.squeak.org has been deprecated now for a few years and that new account creation has been disabled.  However, I don't recall now where a new account could be created.  I still have admin access and it appears that I can create an account.  But I think bug reports are preferred on the squeak-dev list now, or even better with tests and fixes inserted into the inbox.

Ken

I am new to Squeak, just a couple of months I am deep into it.

-] If user creation has been disabled then it makes no much sense for me to require an account.

-] On the other side, collapsing the bug report to the Dev-mailing-list does not seem a good idea. My experience in FreeBSD is that for several software packages I filed bugs report, but for a small subset of them I tried to fix it myself.

-] It is true also that in Squeak it seems to me the difficulty gap between finding a bug and trying to fix it is much shorter respect to any other language I saw before.

=> In conclusion, I will give up Mantis and try to report bugs here unless it is decided to re-open user registration.

bye
Nicola

bye
n.

Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Muller-3
In reply to this post by Nicola Mingotti
Hi Nicola, Ken, and all,

I think Squeak's last server infrastructure move occurred after we lost Ken, which resulted in no one left both willing and knowing how to set up the new servers email system.  It certainly could use some help there.

In the meantime, I see your SqueakMap account, Nicola.  I have administrative access to SqueakMap and can set your password safely.   I'll send you a private email.

I still have plans to replace the application portion of the server, but we will still need the email either way...

Hi,

bye
Nicola

Reply | Threaded
|

vaidasd
In reply to this post by KenCausey
On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 8:20 AM Ken Causey <[hidden email]> wrote:
...  But I think bug reports are preferred on the squeak-dev list now, or even better with tests and fixes inserted into the inbox.
Ken
I did not get a password reminder from Mantis either. If it is suggested that squeak-dev list should be used instead,  info page about bug reporting (https://squeak.org/development/) needs an update 
Thank you