MASingleOptionDescription Custom Printing

MASingleOptionDescription Custom Printing

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
If I have domain objects listed in a MASingleOptionDescription, how do I more finely control their representation. Instead of their print string, I'd like to specify something like spec's #displayBlock: [ :e | ... ]. From the seaside book, I got the idea to subclass MAStringWriter, but that seems kind of heavyweight for what would seem like a fairly common task.

What's the best way to do this?

Thanks.
Cheers,
Sean

Re: MASingleOptionDescription Custom Printing

Cameron Sanders
I have ended up creating a few renderers. But the interface you mention is a desirable addition!

#renderingBlock: [:item :html :optionalRow :optionalReportColumn | ... ]

invoked with #cull: so that the end user need only define :item and :html.

And if you don't modify Magritte, then make a pluggable-component that can accept a rendering block. And then install your renderer, which accepts your block in the factory method.
-

If I am missing some already provided functionality, please educate me! -- thanks.

-Cam

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
If I have domain objects listed in a MASingleOptionDescription, how do I more
finely control their representation. Instead of their print string, I'd like
to specify something like spec's #displayBlock: [ :e | ... ]. From the
seaside book, I got the idea to subclass MAStringWriter, but that seems kind
of heavyweight for what would seem like a fairly common task.

What's the best way to do this?

Thanks.

-----
Cheers,