MCC questions

Stéphane Ducasse-3
hi bert

I would like to know
        - if I can publish mcc files on a source?
        - should all the packages be published in the same server?

Re: MCC questions

Philippe Marschall
2006/10/10, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
> hi bert
>
> I would like to know
>         - if I can publish mcc files on a source?

Hit store, enter the filename, select a repository

>         - should all the packages be published in the same server?

No they can be on any repository in the list of repositories in the map.

Philippe

Re: MCC questions

Bert Freudenberg
Am 10.10.2006 um 15:30 schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:

> hi bert
>
> I would like to know
> - if I can publish mcc files on a source?

You mean, a squeaksource server? Yes, should work, I think Philippe
merged my support for this into your installation.

> - should all the packages be published in the same server?

Not necessarily, that's why you can add repositories to the config map.

- Bert -

Re: MCC questions

stephane ducasse-2
Tx I really want to have a look at using that for all my small apps.

Stef

>> hi bert
>>
>> I would like to know
>> - if I can publish mcc files on a source?
>
> You mean, a squeaksource server? Yes, should work, I think Philippe
> merged my support for this into your installation.

Philippe?

>> - should all the packages be published in the same server?
>
> Not necessarily, that's why you can add repositories to the config
> map.
>

> - Bert -

Re: MCC questions

stephane ducasse-2
Hi bert

I forgot. Sorry if you already say it: is the mcc format saving
complete packages so just the differences on the server?

Stef

On 10 oct. 06, at 19:49, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Am 10.10.2006 um 15:30 schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:
>
>> hi bert
>>
>> I would like to know
>> - if I can publish mcc files on a source?
>
> You mean, a squeaksource server? Yes, should work, I think Philippe
> merged my support for this into your installation.
>
>> - should all the packages be published in the same server?
>
> Not necessarily, that's why you can add repositories to the config
> map.
>

> - Bert -

Re: MCC questions

Philippe Marschall
2006/10/13, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:
> Hi bert
>
> I forgot. Sorry if you already say it: is the mcc format saving
> complete packages so just the differences on the server?

No, not at all.
A Monticello configuration map includes only the name, uuid (in newer
versions) and order of versions and a list of repositories. It's just
metainforamtion.
(Sorry, I know this explanation sucks)

It can be stored anywhere independently of the versions it references.

Its only a small and simple textfile. Open it with a text editor and
things will become much clearer.

Philippe.

> On 10 oct. 06, at 19:49, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>
> > Am 10.10.2006 um 15:30 schrieb Stéphane Ducasse:
> >
> >> hi bert
> >>
> >> I would like to know
> >>      - if I can publish mcc files on a source?
> >
> > You mean, a squeaksource server? Yes, should work, I think Philippe
> > merged my support for this into your installation.
> >
> >>      - should all the packages be published in the same server?
> >
> > Not necessarily, that's why you can add repositories to the config
> > map.
> >

> > - Bert -

Re: MCC questions

stephane ducasse-2
Tx I was confusing with mcd I guess.

Stef

On 13 oct. 06, at 21:52, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2006/10/13, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi bert
>>
>> I forgot. Sorry if you already say it: is the mcc format saving
>> complete packages so just the differences on the server?
>
> No, not at all.
> A Monticello configuration map includes only the name, uuid (in newer
> versions) and order of versions and a list of repositories. It's just
> metainforamtion.
> (Sorry, I know this explanation sucks)
>
> It can be stored anywhere independently of the versions it references.
>
> Its only a small and simple textfile. Open it with a text editor and
> things will become much clearer.
>
> Philippe.

>> > You mean, a squeaksource server? Yes, should work, I think Philippe
>> > merged my support for this into your installation.

>> > Not necessarily, that's why you can add repositories to the config
>> > map.
>> >

>> > - Bert -

Re: MCC questions

Bert Freudenberg
Philippe is entirely correct. In fact, the entire MCC file is just a
literal array without the # marks. You can create an actual
configuration object by pasting "MCConfiguration fromArray: #" before
it. Or, you can create a changeset that upgrades to a certain
configuration like this:

(MCConfiguration fromArray: #(
    ... config here ...
)) upgrade