MD5 plugin

Levente Uzonyi-2
Hi!

I've written a simple MD5 plugin and integrated it into the current
cryptography package.
The mcz file and a precompiled plugin for win32 is available here:
http://leves.web.elte.hu/md5/
The package also contains a bugfix for the MD5 hash function. Hope you
like it.

Cheers,
Levente

RE: MD5 plugin

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi Levente,

This looks great!  Thank you.  What bug did you find?

You understand that by releasing this in the Cryptography repository that
you are releasing it using the MIT License?

So when can you do SHA256?  :)

Ron Teitelbaum
Squeak Cryptography Team Leader

RE: MD5 plugin

Levente Uzonyi-2
Hi Ron!

Quoting Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Levente,
>
> This looks great!  Thank you.  What bug did you find?

For the empty string the result was '0123456789abcdeffedcba9876543210'
instead of 'd41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e' with the following code:
(MD5 hashMessage: '') hex asLowercase.

> You understand that by releasing this in the Cryptography repository that
> you are releasing it using the MIT License?

Of course. :)

> So when can you do SHA256?  :)

As soon as I need a faster implementation for it. :)

Levente

RE: MD5 plugin

Ron Teitelbaum
Well thank you very much!!