MP3 decoding/encoding in the image?

Phil B
I know there was a plugn long ago for MP3 but was curious if anyone ever did a decoder/encoder image side?  Since the MP3 patent has now expired, I thought I'd ask since it's a fairly ubiquitous format and now unencumbered.

Thanks,
Phil

Re: MP3 decoding/encoding in the image?

Stéphane Rollandin
Le 03/01/2018 à 01:26, Phil B a écrit :
> I know there was a plugn long ago for MP3 but was curious if anyone ever
> did a decoder/encoder image side?  Since the MP3 patent has now expired,
> I thought I'd ask since it's a fairly ubiquitous format and now
> unencumbered.

I use the code from Sophie in muO. Check out the
"SophiePort-Movies-Kernel" category. You can find a muO image at
http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/sqgeo.htm (direct link:
http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/muo/muO333.zip).

Re: MP3 decoding/encoding in the image?

Tobias Pape

> On 03.01.2018, at 01:26, Phil B <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I know there was a plugn long ago for MP3 but was curious if anyone ever did a decoder/encoder image side?  Since the MP3 patent has now expired, I thought I'd ask since it's a fairly ubiquitous format and now unencumbered.

To my knowledge there's a bundled MPEG plugin, and the Code in http://www.squeaksource.com/MultiMedia.html should be able to use that.

Best regards
        -Tobias

> Thanks,
> Phil

Re: MP3 decoding/encoding in the image?

Phil B
Thanks both Tobias and Stephanie for the pointers, that should get me started.

Thanks,
Phil