MS Font gives Square box glyphs in TextMorphs: why?

12

Re: MS Font gives Square box glyphs in TextMorphs: why?

Simon Guest-2
At Sat, 09 Sep 2006 01:24:24 -0700,
Andreas Raab wrote:

> The fixes for this bug are in:
>
>   http://source.squeakfoundation.org/Graphics/Graphics-ar.40.mcz
>   http://source.squeakfoundation.org/inbox/Multilingual-ar.22.mcz

Andreas,

Thanks for the quick response.  I tried it with Squeak 3.9 gamma and
it works fine.  I'm having a few problems with 3.8 - is it supposed to
work there?  (Things seem to hang when loading it, and I don't
understand why - will keep investigating.)

I'm currently trying to work out the best way to upgrade all my stuff
from 3.8 to 3.9, but I guess those would be questions for the
beginners list.

cheers,
Simon

Re: MS Font gives Square box glyphs in TextMorphs: why?

stephane ducasse-2

On 11 sept. 06, at 21:36, Simon Guest wrote:

> At Sat, 09 Sep 2006 01:24:24 -0700,
> Andreas Raab wrote:
>>
>> The fixes for this bug are in:
>>
>>   http://source.squeakfoundation.org/Graphics/Graphics-ar.40.mcz
>>   http://source.squeakfoundation.org/inbox/Multilingual-ar.22.mcz
>
> Andreas,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.  I tried it with Squeak 3.9 gamma and
> it works fine.  I'm having a few problems with 3.8 - is it supposed to
> work there?  (Things seem to hang when loading it, and I don't
> understand why - will keep investigating.)
>
> I'm currently trying to work out the best way to upgrade all my stuff
> from 3.8 to 3.9, but I guess those would be questions for the
> beginners list.

Normally you should be able to fileout your class categories (if you
did not extend the system)
or if you have been rigourous you can save your changeset (open...
dual change sorter).
But I suggest you to take the time to packaged your code in
Monticello since this is quite good to manage code
and the migration will be easier (I hope).

Re: MS Font gives Square box glyphs in TextMorphs: why?

Andreas.Raab
Simon Guest wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response.  I tried it with Squeak 3.9 gamma and
> it works fine.  I'm having a few problems with 3.8 - is it supposed to
> work there?  (Things seem to hang when loading it, and I don't
> understand why - will keep investigating.)

Sorry but it won't work in 3.8 - there have been significant
restructurings to the package contents so that loading the 3.9 graphics
package into 3.8 is pretty much doomed to fail. I'm hoping that this
will be a one-time situation.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: MS Font gives Square box glyphs in TextMorphs: why?

Simon Guest-2
At Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:53:40 +0200,
stephane ducasse wrote:

> On 11 sept. 06, at 21:36, Simon Guest wrote:
> > I'm currently trying to work out the best way to upgrade all my stuff
> > from 3.8 to 3.9, but I guess those would be questions for the
> > beginners list.
>
> Normally you should be able to fileout your class categories (if you
> did not extend the system)
> or if you have been rigourous you can save your changeset (open...
> dual change sorter).
> But I suggest you to take the time to packaged your code in
> Monticello since this is quite good to manage code
> and the migration will be easier (I hope).

OK, thanks for the suggestion - I shall be investigating Monticello.

cheers,
Simon

12