MS Font gives Square box glyphs in TextMorphs: why?

1 message Options

MS Font gives Square box glyphs in TextMorphs: why?

Simon Guest-2
Hi,

I can type text into a TextMorph with a native Squeak font, and
pressing return gives me what I desire, i.e. invisible newlines to
space out my paragraphs.

However, if I change the font to, say, Microsoft Comic Sans (which I
installed by dragging and dropping the font file from a Windows
Explorer onto the Squeak image), I get square boxes for the carriage
return characters.  Ugh.

Can I make these square boxes invisible with this font, and if so,
how?

Using Squeak 3.8-6665 on Windows/XP.

cheers,
Simon