Mac OS - path and file name of the VM app

Mac OS - path and file name of the VM app

Robert Krahn

Hi!

I am trying to create a sar file which moves a .bundle directory into
the VM app. Let's assume that my SqueakVM is /Applications/
SqueakVM.app. Then I would have to move my bundle directory into /
Applications/SqueakVM.app/Contents/Resources/.

I get the path to the vm app  with SmalltalkImage current vmPath. But
this only evaluates to /Applications/. How do I get the name of the
app directory?

Thanks,
Robert

Re: Mac OS - path and file name of the VM app

Michael Rueger-6

Robert Krahn wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am trying to create a sar file which moves a .bundle directory into
> the VM app. Let's assume that my SqueakVM is /Applications/SqueakVM.app.
> Then I would have to move my bundle directory into
> /Applications/SqueakVM.app/Contents/Resources/.
>
> I get the path to the vm app  with SmalltalkImage current vmPath. But
> this only evaluates to /Applications/. How do I get the name of the app
> directory?

Which is actually the correct behavior, as the .app is the vm as far as
external appearance is concerned.
Did you try imagePath? You could also have a look at the Sophie File
Locations package.

Michael

Re: Mac OS - path and file name of the VM app

Andreas.Raab

Hi Robert -

If I remember correctly this does the trick:

   Smalltalk getSystemAttribute: 0.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Robert Krahn wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am trying to create a sar file which moves a .bundle directory into
> the VM app. Let's assume that my SqueakVM is /Applications/SqueakVM.app.
> Then I would have to move my bundle directory into
> /Applications/SqueakVM.app/Contents/Resources/.
>
> I get the path to the vm app  with SmalltalkImage current vmPath. But
> this only evaluates to /Applications/. How do I get the name of the app
> directory?
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

Re: Mac OS - path and file name of the VM app

Robert Krahn

Nice, thank you very much!