Major kudos to the wxSqueakers!!!

1 message Options

Major kudos to the wxSqueakers!!!

Michael van der Gulik
Hi all.

I'd like to congratulate the wxSqueakers (www.wxsqueak.org) for their
efforts! I've just had it running under Linux and I wasn't just
impressed - my jaw was dragging on the ground! There were dozens of
widgets there, including grids and HTML renderers. Obviously a lot of
work has gone into it!

Some comments:

- It all feels rather laggy, even though CPU wasn't at 100%. Is that
because it's still in development and will eventually be optimised?

- The "Ubuntu" tarball required libstdc++.so.5, which I had to
seperately install to get it going. I also had to copy in
vm-display-X11.so from elsewhere. But I am surprised that wxWidgets
didn't need to be installed - is it statically linked?

- Any word on using ToolBuilder?

Otherwise, keep up the good work!

Mikevdg.