Mantis 1415 and FFI shorts

timrowledge
This bug has been sitting around a while and should be killed.
Putting aside the debate it lead to about where certain prims should
go, what is the opinion on the original problem? Contributions to the
actual mantis report please, rather than email.

tim
Fractured Idiom:- LE ROI EST MORT. JIVE LE ROI - The King is dead.
No kidding.

Re: Mantis 1415 and FFI shorts

timrowledge

On 28-Mar-06, at 4:10 PM, tim Rowledge wrote:

> This bug has been sitting around a while and should be killed.
> Putting aside the debate it lead to about where certain prims
> should go, what is the opinion on the original problem?
> Contributions to the actual mantis report please, rather than email.

If there are no substantive suggestions by the end of the week I
intend to close this report and leave things as they are.

tim
Klingon Code Warrior:- 1) "Behold, the keyboard of Kalis!  The
greatest Klingon code warrior that ever lived!"

Re: Mantis 1415 and FFI shorts

johnmci
I added a changeset which fixes the original problem, mind someone
might want to do a Sunit to confirm all this, I won't even say this
works
on intel. Thus taking the short integer of 16 bits with a bit pattern
0xFFFF and asking for it's unsigned results in 65535, not a signed
value of -1 which any novice can see would be wrong.

Can't say I'll comment on where the primitive should be be, or
called, or invoked etc...  Or even if the users of this primitive
asking for unsigned short won't now fall over and die... Mind I'll
note that unsigned byte and unsigned long do the right thing and only
an MacRGBColor, an FFI Type

On 29-Mar-06, at 5:06 PM, tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 28-Mar-06, at 4:10 PM, tim Rowledge wrote:
>
>> This bug has been sitting around a while and should be killed.
>> Putting aside the debate it lead to about where certain prims
>> should go, what is the opinion on the original problem?
>> Contributions to the actual mantis report please, rather than email.
>
> If there are no substantive suggestions by the end of the week I
> intend to close this report and leave things as they are.
>

> tim
> Klingon Code Warrior:- 1) "Behold, the keyboard of Kalis!  The
> greatest Klingon code warrior that ever lived!"

===
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]> 1-800-477-2659
===