Mathsmorphs help

David Duke

Dear all apologies if this is not the perfect list for the query:
bounces my request to subscribe.
I was hoping to extend/revive work on Mathmorphs.
I now have an image that includes
WrapperWorldMorph class and a number of categories
relatedto MathsMorphs incl MorphicWrappers-Support

However I'm unclear if I have everything I need or if

there is anything specific that I need to do to enable use
of mathsmorphs:typing 'onair' inside the Squeakwindow
has no effect. Do I need to launch a WrapperWorldMorph?

Thanks for any pointers
regards
David.

Re: Mathsmorphs help

Nicolas Cellier
Hi David,
I'm not in a position to answer your specific question, but I hope someone will!
It's a great to have!!!

Note that a modernized version is developed in Cuis nowadays.
Serge Stinckwich announced his will to port to Pharo.
It would be super cool to also port to Squeak!

Dear all apologies if this is not the perfect list for the query:

Re: Mathsmorphs help

Chris Muller-3
Hi David,

I loaded the MathMorphsRevival project into Squeak 5.2.  It loaded cleanly, but I had to tweak a method to enable type-on-air.  Rather than burden this email with those details, I went ahead and made a new SqueakMap entry for 5.2 that simply loads cleanly with type-on-air working.

Don't forget, the desktop must have focus (so click on it, then click again to dismiss the World menu), and THEN press the [TAB] key.  Voila!  Typing on air!

Invoking the menus did signal a warning about a deprecated method -- turning off Deprecation Warnings can let you ignore those for now -- but everything else seemed fine in the < 5 minutes I played around with it.

MathMorphs was my first introduction to naked objects that inspired me to develop Maui.  Good luck!

Best,
  Chris

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 2:59 PM Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

typing-on-air.png (76K) Download Attachment