Maya 8.5 (PLE?) interface to python

1 message Options

Maya 8.5 (PLE?) interface to python

Paul Sheldon-2
ILM uses python as does croquet in its avatars . It's an interactive oop
graphics language for rapid development .

While the tutorial pdf in python seemed to start illustrating the syntax
of doing sums to build confidence (dismal to me), I might, today, hope
for more from MayaPLE version autodesk advertisement I got in e mail.

I have already seen long ago that Maya's graphics language, melscript,
paralleling graphics constructions is viewable in free Maya PLE . You
can learn to code melscript while drawing pictures --- following Alan
Kay's prescription : "doing with images make symbols" .

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=7635643

An excerpt :

"Python
Python, a powerful and accessible scripting language, is now available
within Maya. Not only has Python been integrated into the software at
the same level as the Maya Embedded Language (MEL), its bindings to the
OpenMaya API give you an alternative language for plug-in development.
Plus, the Maya Python modules can be imported into an external
standalone Python interpreter for batch processing. With its
higher-level language constructs, Python supports developer productivity
while providing easily maintainable code. The language is also highly
extensible, with a broad collection of third-party tools and modules
freely available."

I'd like to see whether this python scripting generation is free in PLE.