Merge package (instead of loading)

Sean DeNigris
Is there a way to specify (I guess in a baseline) that a package should be merged instead of loaded? I searched the list archive, but as you can imagine, "merge" was not a good filter ;-)

Thanks,
Sean

Re: Merge package (instead of loading)

Dale Henrichs
Sean,

Not out of the box .... I recall playing with recognizing the need to merge packages in the MetacelloBrowser[1]. It involves getting the load directive from a fetch, then identifying the dirty packages on the "to be loaded" list ... and merging those, then doing a load ...

Metacello tends to skip the loading of dirtied packages by default ...

I suppose we could add a PackageMergeDirective to be used on dirty packages instead of the PackageLoadDirective and throw a notification to determine whether or not to use the merge directive when we hit a dirty package ...

The trick from MetacelloBrowser should work for the time being ... it looks like the class MBUpdateDevCommand is where the merge logic was implemented...

Dale

[1] http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloBrowser.html