Metacello scripting api to reload current version?

Metacello scripting api to reload current version?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Dale,

And while I do understand the default if I don't specify a version, I wonder how I can do the following.... I have an "admin" component in my seaside up that triggers an update of the software. That, basically invokes:

(Smalltalk at: #Metacello) new
       configuration: 'MyApp';
       version: '1.4';
       load: #('Core' 'DPOFX').

Now...I have different gemstones deployed with different versions of my app. The version has no blessing in particular (is not always #stable or whatever). A site may have loaded 1.3 another 1.4 etc... However, I want a general way to update-reload the same version. So .. is there a way to modify the above script so that instead of using version 1.4 I use the version that was previously loaded? Note that the original version was loaded with the same script as above, so it should be present in the metacello registration.

Thanks in advance,

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Metacello scripting api to reload current version?

Dale Henrichs-3
Mariano,

The following should work:

    (Smalltalk at: #Metacello) image
       configuration: 'MyApp';
       load: #('Core' 'DPOFX').

the #image does a lookup of the project in the registry and ensures that the project is loaded ...

Dale

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 1:38 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano,

The following should work:

    (Smalltalk at: #Metacello) image
       configuration: 'MyApp';
       load: #('Core' 'DPOFX').

the #image does a lookup of the project in the registry and ensures that the project is loaded ...

And if found it will try to reload the very same version found?