MetacelloPreview 1.0.0-beta.32.8 Released

1 message Options

MetacelloPreview 1.0.0-beta.32.8 Released

Dale Henrichs-3
I've just released version 1.0.0-beta.32.8 of the MetacelloPreview with the following bugfixes[1]:

  - split tests into two groups to avoid travis-ci 30 minute limit
  - fix google Issue 184: github zip download failures due to filesystem issues
    https://code.google.com/p/metacello/issues/detail?id=184
  - fix Issue #175: MCGitHubRepository and cache
    https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/issues/175
  - fix Issue #174: `lock` should work with symbolic versions
    https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/issues/174
  - fix Issue #176: attempt to modify immutable project spec
    https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/issues/176
  - fix Issue #181: The case for `unconditional` baseline loading
    https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/issues/181

Also with this release, you should be able to start using the Metacello Preview with Pharo2.0. Christophe Demarey has done a lot of work to get the Preview to run on Pharo2.0. Good Work Christope!

Pharo3.0 support isn't quite there yet, but Christophe is working on getting some bugs fixed in Pharo3.0 that is getting in the way of progress. The plan is that Pharo3.0 will have the MetacelloPreview loaded into the base.

The good news is that with Issue #174 and Issue #181 I've greatly increased my confidence in the Metacello Preview API and implementation. Both issues came from real world use of the API and if you recall I've been patiently waiting for some real world bugs to crop up before contemplating a release. In particular, I was able to fix these particular issues within the existing API architecture without having to rewire big swatches of logic (which was my fear).

Finally, I want to share with you that a release of the preview involves running 27 different build configurations covering these platforms[2]:

  - 5 Pharo versions
  - 3 Squeak versions
  - 6 GemStone versions

and these Metacello versions:

  - Metacello #stable
  - Metacello #previewBootstrap
  - MetacelloPreview #stable

If you want to upgrade and you've already loaded an earlier version of MetacelloPreview, then because of issue #181, you should execute the following (instead of upgrading with the ConfigurationOfMetacelloPreview configuration):

  Metacello new
    baseline: 'Metacello';
    repository: 'github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:692e9c659810d40062aa63506b6875db76ec90e9/repository';
    get.
  Metacello new
    baseline: 'Metacello';
    repository: 'github://dalehenrich/metacello-work:692e9c659810d40062aa63506b6875db76ec90e9/repository';
    load.

Dale

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/issues?milestone=10&state=closed
[2] https://travis-ci.org/dalehenrich/metacello-work/builds/9207916