Method finder does not find some methods from examples?

Method finder does not find some methods from examples?

Sophie424
My image gives:
   'AbcDefHi' asCapitalizedPhrase  'Abc Def Hi'
with the method defined in a Seaside extension to the String class.

Method finder does not find any candidates given the input/output example:
   'AbcDefHi'.'Abc Def Hi'

Am I doing something wrong?

Sophie

Re: Method finder does not find some methods from examples?

Damien Cassou-3
It seems that the MethodFinder has a list of methods to try.

Damien Cassou

Re: Method finder does not find some methods from examples?

stephane ducasse

On 10 déc. 07, at 08:03, Damien Cassou wrote:

> It seems that the MethodFinder has a list of methods to try.

normally not just a list of banned methods

>> My image gives:
>>    'AbcDefHi' asCapitalizedPhrase  'Abc Def Hi'
>> with the method defined in a Seaside extension to the String class.
>>
>> Method finder does not find any candidates given the input/output
>> example:
>>    'AbcDefHi'.'Abc Def Hi'
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong?

'AbcDefHi' . 'AbcDefHi' works with me.

but indeed
'AbcDefHi' . 'Abc Def Hi'
does not

I put a break point in asCapitalizedPhrase and it was not invoked so
should be filtered somewhere.
But I do not have the time to look now.

Stef

2007/12/10, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> On 10 déc. 07, at 08:03, Damien Cassou wrote:
>
> > It seems that the MethodFinder has a list of methods to try.
>
> normally not just a list of banned methods

If you look at MethodFinder>>initialize, a set of Approved methods is built.

--
Damien Cassou

Re: Method finder does not find some methods from examples?

stephane ducasse
ok I looked far too long time ago (1998) :)

stef