Method 'saveAsEmbeddedImage'

Ang BeePeng
Hi.

I saw a method under class SmalltalkImage, named 'saveAsEmbeddedImage'. How is the method work, and what? And what should be its input? (I go through the code but do not really understand). There's no sender found, so should I debug 'SmalltalkImage current saveAsEmbeddedImage' to learn more about it?

About 'snapshotEmbeddedPrimitive', primitive 247?

Thanks.

Ang Beepeng

Re: Method 'saveAsEmbeddedImage'

Bert Freudenberg
On 26.12.2009, at 19:51, Ang BeePeng wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I saw a method under class SmalltalkImage, named 'saveAsEmbeddedImage'. How
> is the method work, and what? And what should be its input? (I go through
> the code but do not really understand). There's no sender found, so should I
> debug 'SmalltalkImage current saveAsEmbeddedImage' to learn more about it?
>
> About 'snapshotEmbeddedPrimitive', primitive 247?

This is from experimental code to create single-file applications. It would save a copy of the VM and append an image. Nowadays nobody bothers with this anymore.

- Bert -