MethodMassage loading instructions?

Frank Shearar-3
Hi Eliot,

I thought I'd take a random stab at loading up MethodMassage, but the
ss3 repository doesn't say much, installation-wise. So I just did the
obvious, and fired up Installer.

I get this when loading:

This package depends on the following classes:
  EncoderForSistaV1
  EncoderForNewsqueakV4
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load
these definitions:
  EncoderForNewsqueakV4 class>>literalIndexOfBytecodeAt:in:
  EncoderForSistaV1 class>>literalIndexOfBytecodeAt:in:

In what package would I find these? VMMaker?

frank

Re: MethodMassage loading instructions?

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Frank,

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Eliot,

I thought I'd take a random stab at loading up MethodMassage, but the
ss3 repository doesn't say much, installation-wise. So I just did the
obvious, and fired up Installer.

I get this when loading:

This package depends on the following classes:
  EncoderForSistaV1
  EncoderForNewsqueakV4
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load
these definitions:
  EncoderForNewsqueakV4 class>>literalIndexOfBytecodeAt:in:
  EncoderForSistaV1 class>>literalIndexOfBytecodeAt:in:

They're a) optional and b) in BytecodeSets on VMMaker.

You'll also need MethodMassageCompatibility (if that's the right name).

I think the last two versions of MethodMassage will work with SPur and prior to that will work with Cog.  I need Spur and the multiple bytecode sets to go into circulation for this churn to settle down.  Apologies.

--
best,
Eliot