Methods of Multiplication

1 message Options

Methods of Multiplication

Steve Thomas
I created a Blog Post that was inspired by Natural Math's "Multiplication Models" Poster.

The idea is to have kids create/record there ideas and observations.  They can build, record and publish their models using Etoys.

They can also observe and create models in the physical world and record them with a camera for import into Etoys.

I did not capture all the models in Maria's poster: ex; Skip Counting, Number Line (Hilaire's Add relative integer a good example), splitting and folding, and fractal (which only work for powers and my example was 2 x 5).

Would appreciate other ideas for ways to represent Multiplication Models, thanks.

Stephen

Images are in a Picasa Web Album (same one as in the Blog post, just larger image sizes).