Mindstorms NXT and Squeak?

Mark L. Miller, Ph.D.
Does anyone know if anyone is doing anything with Squeak and Mindstorms NXT?
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.
Thanks, Mark

--
Mark L. Miller, Ph.D., President and Executive Director
The Miller Institute for Learning with Technology

Re: Mindstorms NXT and Squeak?

Lukas Renggli
I wrote a basic communication library for the NXT. Michael Haupt
extended it with some basic functionality. The code is under MIT and
you can find the code here:

   http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/nxt.html

Feel free to use and extend it. I don't have time to work on it right now.

Cheers,
Lukas

On 9/26/08, Mark L. Miller, Ph.D. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone know if anyone is doing anything with Squeak and Mindstorms NXT?
>  Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.
>  Thanks, Mark
>
>  --
>  Mark L. Miller, Ph.D., President and Executive Director
>  The Miller Institute for Learning with Technology
>  A 501(c)(3) California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation
>  Tel: 650-598-0105 x203   Fax: 866-801-8667
>  This message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the
> intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or privileged
> information; unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
> prohibited.

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Mindstorms NXT and Squeak?

Michael Haupt-3
Hi.

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 9:00 PM, Mark L. Miller, Ph.D.
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anyone know if anyone is doing anything with Squeak and Mindstorms NXT?

apart from the code Lukas mentioned, Martin Beck, a graduate student
at HPI in Potsdam, is developing NXTalk. That's a real Smalltalk VM
running on the NXT (i.e., a dedicated firmware), code for which can be
developed (and, to a certain extent, tested) in the Squeak image.

NXTalk is not available yet - stay tuned until late this year.

Best,

Michael