MixedMorph for kids

1 message Options

MixedMorph for kids

Jerome Peace
MixedMorph for kids

Hi Subbu,

***

>  subbukk subbukk at gmail.com
>  Tue May 8 19:25:50 UTC 2007
>

>  On Tuesday 08 May 2007 11:03 pm, Jerome Peace
wrote:
<...>

>  > The enhancements I made to polygons that lead up
>  > Mixed Morphs would work in 3.8.
>  I filed in the cs into SqueakPlugin image and got
Mixed morph in objects. I
>  didnt use it extensively, but all basic operations
seemed to work fine.

<...>
>  I wonder if it is possible to manipulate vertices
through Morphic Viewer?
>  Then kids could create their own Blobs, model
collisions of squishy objects and
>  so on.

Tetsuya HAYASHI made a cursor that allowed you to
access polygon vertices one at a time. That vertex
could be moved via the scripts. It is in the OLPC
version.

 I made a version of code that combined what he had
done with my polygon work and submitted it to Yoshiki
Ohshima  for inclusion in OLPC.  For some reason I
didn't get correspondence back (this was around the
beginning of the year). As far as I know my work did
not get into OLPC.

So the basic answer to your question is yes it would
be doable. And I am willing to assist. The other part
of it (the scripting part) needs understanding of
stuff I am not familiar with so someone on the
squeakland side of things would have to be willing to
assist with that.

Thanks for your interest and comments.