Model repository

waufrepi III
Hello all,

    for populating islands you might consider
http://e2-productions.com/repository/index.php
a repository of free models. go fishing and you'll find more sites

you can append to your BCG island as explained here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/Using_Linked_Libraries

 uncertain how everything will work with the exporter though.

have fun!
        wfpi

Model repository

Americo Damasceno
A "model repository" (Cobalt freebox) can be downloaded and unziped inside the
folder "Content". Many objects to be included in any island. They can also be
used like avatares (the airplane is a funny avatar):

http://www.dmu.com/cobalt/JASMINEbox1.zip

These objects are from the old version of Alice and were part of the old
Croquet version (Jasmine).

Model repository

Americo Damasceno
The problem of the objects of this JASMINEBox is that they are .MDL files that
haven't collision against the avatar and they can't be moved in the island (by
now).

Re: Model repository (1. files of things for collision and 2. moving?)

Paul Sheldon-2

--- Americo Fraga Damasceno Junior <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The problem of the objects of this JASMINEBox is
> that they are .MDL files that
> haven't collision against the avatar
I am thinking that *.ase files do.

Is that so?

I note you say you are working
on horizontal collision and so are focused on this
feature more than I.

> and they can't
> be moved in the island (by
> now).
but, later there might update that will move them?

Re: Model repository

Paul Sheldon-2

--- [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>     for populating islands you might consider
> http://e2-productions.com/repository/index.php
> a repository of free models. go fishing and you'll
> find more sites
When I downloaded a *.blend file, it was viewed by
safari.
Tarred files were actually downloaded, but on mac used
trick
to download *.blend. Saw url *.blend and pasted after
ftp in terminal.

I was able to download two items a *.tar and a
*.blend.

Hurrying off to dance lesson.

Re: Model repository

Paul Sheldon-2
Wow. A woman with skeleton so you can move her with
the frameworks
in cobalt! I'm almost beginning to think I might be
able to take notes
on Argentine tango in croquet.