Monticello Definitions Instances class variable

Monticello Definitions Instances class variable

Noury Bouraqadi
Hi,

Why are monticello definitions are stored into Instances class variable
of class MCDefinition? It's just a matter of fast snapshots?

Thanks,
Noury
Dr. Noury Bouraqadi - Enseignant/Chercheur
ARMINES - Ecole des Mines de Douai - Dept. G.I.P
http://csl.ensm-douai.fr/noury

European Smalltalk Users Group Board
http://www.esug.org

Squeak: a Free Smalltalk
http://www.squeak.org

Re: Monticello Definitions Instances class variable

Bert Freudenberg-3
Am 14.06.2006 um 10:33 schrieb Noury Bouraqadi:

> Hi,
>
> Why are monticello definitions are stored into Instances class
> variable of class MCDefinition?

To save space.

> It's just a matter of fast snapshots?

No, it's a registry to avoid duplicate definitions. When you load two
versions of packages after each other, usually only very few
definitions are actually different, we want to avoid having the
duplicates twice in the image.

- Bert -