Monticello and Namespaces.

Michael van der Gulik
Hi all.

I'm trying to modify Monticello to support namespaces.

Is there a Monticello mailing list where I can ask my questions? I found
mention of one at http://www.wiresong.ca/Monticello, but the link is broken.

What is the latest version of Monticello and where do the MC developers
(Avi?) keep their .mcz files? I see Monticello on squeaksource.com, but
the version in my 3.9 image is far in advance of the latest version there.

Also, is there any technical description of the .mcz "file format"
anywhere? What is the "snapshot.bin" file in .mcz files?

Michael.

Re: Monticello and Namespaces.

Lukas Renggli
> Also, is there any technical description of the .mcz "file format"
> anywhere? What is the "snapshot.bin" file in .mcz files?

I guess the only documentation of the file-format is the source code
itself, namely the class MCMczWriter. At least this is what we used 4
years ago when implementing SqueakSource. You might also be interested
how Traits added their Monticello support.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Monticello and Namespaces.

Matthias Berth-2
Try http://www.wiresong.ca/Monticello/UserManual/ under "File Format"

On 3/25/07, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Also, is there any technical description of the .mcz "file format"
> > anywhere? What is the "snapshot.bin" file in .mcz files?
>
> I guess the only documentation of the file-format is the source code
> itself, namely the class MCMczWriter. At least this is what we used 4
> years ago when implementing SqueakSource. You might also be interested
> how Traits added their Monticello support.
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Monticello and Namespaces.

Damien Cassou-3
Monticello has multiple repositories (too much). Open the Monticello
Browser, choose package Monticello.

--
Damien Cassou