More Election nominations please!

Göran Krampe
Hi all!

I am getting stressed out here, please don't do this to me! :) We only
have 3 more days until the nomination period is over and only 5
candidates so far - and only already sitting candidates too!

It is high time to step up to the plate fellas!

Remember:

- The board is still very non formal, how it operates and which role it
takes is very much up to itself and its members! So don't think you
don't fit because of how it has been operating until now.

- The current board members are all "old timers", but that is just a
very good reason to make a difference!

Details: http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6025

regards, Göran

PS. IMPORTANT: In order to vote - be sure to confirm that you have an
account on people.squeakfoundation.org and that your email address is up
to date. If you are not already registered on the site do so as soon as
possible. Include information about your participation in the Squeak
community to aid everyone in determining your appropriate certification.
If you have misplaced your people.squeakfoundation.org password there is
a link on the login page to allow you to reset it.  When the voting
period starts all voters will receive an email with instructions and a
link to the voting website.

Re: More Election nominations please!

Tapple Gao
On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 03:51:39PM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:
> I'll second that. We need to see more *serious* interest in running this
> community or it will fade into moribundity.

I love this community. I'll run for board. The biggest thing I
want to make happen is serious compatibility between croquet and
the squeak release. I also want a lot more communication between
the board and the wider community. I can do that.

So, I'll volunteer as a board candidate

Re: [Seaside] Re: More Election nominations please!

Igor Stasenko
On 19/02/2008, Matthew Fulmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 03:51:39PM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:
> > I'll second that. We need to see more *serious* interest in running this
> > community or it will fade into moribundity.
>
> I love this community. I'll run for board. The biggest thing I
> want to make happen is serious compatibility between croquet and
> the squeak release. I also want a lot more communication between
> the board and the wider community. I can do that.
>
> So, I'll volunteer as a board candidate

I've been asked by Ron to step up as a potential member of newly
formed Technical board.
My primary concern is to improve VM, make it shiny and polished, and
don't canonize it too much.
To be appeal for developers, squeak should show a constant progress in
this area as well.
We are at the rise of multi-core era, and squeak should respond on
that with own, ultimate ways :)
So, if you so dare to see some innovation in VM vote for me :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: [Seaside] Re: More Election nominations please!

Randal L. Schwartz

tim> I'll second that. We need to see more *serious* interest in running  this
tim> community or it will fade into moribundity.

I'd be happy to throw my hat into the ring, but I'm afraid of being laughed at
for not having much more to contribute than 25 years of smalltalk experience
and having followed squeak as an interested user since its first announcement.
I also have a lot of experience promoting and supporting Perl, and I imagine
that this might be useful to a Squeak board.

So, would people consider my contributions useful?

RE: [Seaside] Re: More Election nominations please!

Ron Teitelbaum
Randal,

I've read a number of your posts and consider you to be a very active member
of our community.  I would think that you would be considered a very serious
candidate for the board.  Are you declaring your candidacy?

Ron

Then, yes.  I would be happy to bring my contributions and abilities to the
Squeak board to help preserve, develop, and promote Squeak.