Morph layoutPolicy & layoutProperties

timrowledge
I can't quite work out if I'm building a morph correctly; I have files with old-style subclasses of AlignmentMorph that need to be read into a modern image where AlignmentMorph lacks the iVars. The 'spurious' iVar fields are being dumped into the properties mechanism at load time.

What's got me confused right now is that later on when I explore the loaded morphs I see
- no spurious objects (ie centering/hResizing etc)
- the morphextension 'otherProperties' has
-- layoutPolicy, which has an iVar 'properties' that is a TableLayoutProperties
-- layoutProperties, which is the same TableLayoutProperties

Seems a bit strange. Is that how it should be?

tim
Oxymorons: Military Intelligence

On 22-10-2013, at 5:31 PM, Bob Arning <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As it should be. Centering/resizing/etc are inside TableLayoutProperties.

OK, thanks. Seems a bit redundantly repetitive and redundant to me, but whatever. At least that probably isn't the cause of my current bug!

tim
Fractured Idiom:- VENI, VIPI, VICI - I came; I'm a very important person; I conquered

Re: Morph layoutPolicy & layoutProperties

marcel.taeumel (old)
Hi Tim,

how do you set up the layout? Can you provide an example?

Best,
Marcel