[Morphic] Proposal for unify different pictures dictionary

[Morphic] Proposal for unify different pictures dictionary

Edgar J. De Cleene
Juan:

If at some point we wish unload Etoys, we must keep the pictures saved in
StandardScriptingSystem formDictionary.

In image also exists the ImageImports dictionary.

I don't know if somewhere exists other like this.

I suggest collect all and unify.

Edgar

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

Re: [Morphic] Proposal for unify different pictures dictionary

Juan Vuletich
Edgar,

To unload Etoys we will need to keep those pictures somewhere else, as you
say.
But ImageImports seems to be something quite different. I see no reason to
unify them.

Juan

> If at some point we wish unload Etoys, we must keep the pictures saved in
> StandardScriptingSystem formDictionary.
>
> In image also exists the ImageImports dictionary.
>
> I don't know if somewhere exists other like this.
>
> I suggest collect all and unify.
>
> Edgar

> 1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
> Correo Yahoo!, el mejor correo web del mundo
> http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

Re: [Morphic] Proposal for unify different pictures dictionary

Edgar J. De Cleene
Juan Vuletich puso en su mail :

> Edgar,
>
> To unload Etoys we will need to keep those pictures somewhere else, as you
> say.
> But ImageImports seems to be something quite different. I see no reason to
> unify them.
>
> Juan
You say we should create a new class ?
ImageImports

" I represent a set of elements that can be viewed from one of two
perspectives: a set of associations, or a container of values that are
externally named where the name can be any object that responds to =. The
external name is referred to as the key.  I inherit many operations from
Set."

StandardScriptingSystem

"An instance of this is installed as the value of the global variable
"ScriptingSystem".  Client subclasses are invited, such as one used
internally by squeak team for ongoing internal work."

But you use as example

CodeHolder menuButton
    "Answer a button that brings up a menu. Useful when adding
new features, but at present is between uses"
    | aButton |
    aButton := IconicButton new target: self;
                 borderWidth: 0;

                labelGraphic: (ScriptingSystem formAtKey: #TinyMenu);
>>>"Here you are using in a same form as ImageImports , or I wrong ? "

                 color: Color transparent;
                 actWhen: #buttonDown;
                 actionSelector: #offerMenu;
                 yourself.
    aButton setBalloonText: 'click here to get a menu with further options'.
    ^ aButton

I also report what for proper Nebraska working in 6705 , we should fileIn
the attached four .cs in order .
I send a proposal fix to Yoshiki Oshima for the case in what the two images
have the same font family but different font sizes.

Edgar

0525nebraskaFontSet.1.cs (6K) Download Attachment
0503nebraskaText-yo.1.cs (5K) Download Attachment
0502nebraskaBuffer-yo.1.cs (3K) Download Attachment
0489nebraskaFix.1.cs (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Proposal for unify different pictures dictionary

Juan Vuletich
Edgar,

WRT the Nebraska fixes, when you have the "final" version, I'll publish it.
It would be even better if Yoshiki (who knows about Nebraska and uses it)
and you agree on the changes. (BTW, this talk should be in the Morphic
mailing list, shouldn't it?)

WRT the image repositories, why do you say that I am using in a same form as
ImageImports?
To which one in ImageImports do you refer?

Juan
>> To unload Etoys we will need to keep those pictures somewhere else, as
>> you
>> say.
>> But ImageImports seems to be something quite different. I see no reason
>> unify them.
>>
>> Juan
> You say we should create a new class ?
> ImageImports
>
> " I represent a set of elements that can be viewed from one of two
> perspectives: a set of associations, or a container of values that are
> externally named where the name can be any object that responds to =. The
> external name is referred to as the key.  I inherit many operations from
> Set."
>
> StandardScriptingSystem
>
> "An instance of this is installed as the value of the global variable
> "ScriptingSystem".  Client subclasses are invited, such as one used
> internally by squeak team for ongoing internal work."
>
> But you use as example
>
> CodeHolder menuButton
>    "Answer a button that brings up a menu. Useful when adding
> new features, but at present is between uses"
>    | aButton |
>    aButton := IconicButton new target: self;
>                 borderWidth: 0;
>
>                labelGraphic: (ScriptingSystem formAtKey: #TinyMenu);
>
>                 color: Color transparent;
>                 actWhen: #buttonDown;
>                 actionSelector: #offerMenu;
>                 yourself.
>    aButton setBalloonText: 'click here to get a menu with further
> options'.
>    ^ aButton
>
> I also report what for proper Nebraska working in 6705 , we should fileIn
> the attached four .cs in order .
> I send a proposal fix to Yoshiki Oshima for the case in what the two
> images
> have the same font family but different font sizes.
>
> Edgar

Re: Proposal for unify different pictures dictionary

Yoshiki Ohshima
  Hello,

> WRT the Nebraska fixes, when you have the "final" version, I'll publish it.
> It would be even better if Yoshiki (who knows about Nebraska and uses it)
> and you agree on the changes. (BTW, this talk should be in the Morphic
> mailing list, shouldn't it?)

  The other patches Edgar posted look something nice to have (I
haven't tested them though)...  Thank you Edgar.

  On the other hand, I might say that it is beyond what a proof of
concept system like Nebraska should provide.

  Just my 0.02 cents,

-- Yoshiki

Re: Proposal for unify different pictures dictionary

Edgar J. De Cleene
Yoshiki Ohshima puso en su mail :

>   On the other hand, I might say that it is beyond what a proof of
> concept system like Nebraska should provide.
>
>   Just my 0.02 cents,
>
> -- Yoshiki
Yoshiki:

I wish you could elaborate some more about this.
I discovering the top of iceberg only and think what Nebraska deserve full
attention.
So, I wait someone wish take it.
If no person claim this nice orphan by end of February, I like adopt it.
And beg you and all people using it begin to fill a "Nebraska wish list ".

Thanks !!

Edgar

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar

Re: Proposal for unify different pictures dictionary

Edgar J. De Cleene
Juan Vuletich puso en su mail :

> WRT the image repositories, why do you say that I am using in a same form as
> ImageImports?
> To which one in ImageImports do you refer?

Juan:
I add one example of using ImageImports as I suggest.
Compare with current version of same method.
Edgar

ThreePhaseButtonMorph class-checkBox.st (704 bytes) Download Attachment
ThreePhaseButtonMorph class-radioButton.st (724 bytes) Download Attachment