Morphic Widgets Overview with Screenshots

Morphic Widgets Overview with Screenshots

Felix Dorner
Hi,

I am bloody new to Squeak. I already read Squeak By Example and am
currently reading Maloney's Morphic Introduction Paper - it is great.
What I couldn't find so far was a document where all available Morphic
Widgets are presented with Screenshots or so by the side, similar to
this one for The Java/Swing libraries:

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/ui/features/components.html

Dos something like this exist? If not, I think it would be great to
create such a document.

What I currently need is something that displays a List of Strings with
a Top2Bottom Layout, similar to a Swing JList.

Thanks,
Felix

Re: Morphic Widgets Overview with Screenshots

Brad Fuller-4
On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Felix Dorner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am bloody new to Squeak. I already read Squeak By Example and am currently
> reading Maloney's Morphic Introduction Paper - it is great. What I couldn't
> find so far was a document where all available Morphic Widgets are presented
> with Screenshots or so by the side, similar to this one for The Java/Swing
> libraries:
>
> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/ui/features/components.html
>
> Dos something like this exist? If not, I think it would be great to create
> such a document.

It doesn't exist AFAIK. But, it would be great if you could create one!

--
Brad Fuller
www.bradfuller.com

Brad Fuller wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Felix Dorner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am bloody new to Squeak. I already read Squeak By Example and am currently
>> reading Maloney's Morphic Introduction Paper - it is great. What I couldn't
>> find so far was a document where all available Morphic Widgets are presented
>> with Screenshots or so by the side, similar to this one for The Java/Swing
>> libraries:
>>
>> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/ui/features/components.html
>>
>> Dos something like this exist? If not, I think it would be great to create
>> such a document.
>>

> It doesn't exist AFAIK. But, it would be great if you could create one!

Ok I give it a try. However, I already run into a strange problem: I
created a new AcceptableCleanTextMorph. I cannot remove it anymore, as
MouseOver/Clicks raise "MessageNotUnderstood" Events on UndefinedObject.
Worse, the System appears to enter some sort of loop, hundreds of such
Errors pop up...

Re: Morphic Widgets Overview with Screenshots

Herbert König
Hello Felix,

FD> What I currently need is something that displays a List of Strings with
FD> a Top2Bottom Layout, similar to a Swing JList.

PluggableListMorph is your friend.

Make sure to get the pluggableMorphsDemo...pr from
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2962

It helps to get you up to speed.

This at least works up to 3.8 but I guess also in current images.

Herbert

Re: Morphic Widgets Overview with Screenshots

David Zmick
oo, an interesting Morphic discussion, I found it difficult to learn morphic at first as well :)

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Herbert König <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Felix,

FD> What I currently need is something that displays a List of Strings with
FD> a Top2Bottom Layout, similar to a Swing JList.

PluggableListMorph is your friend.

Make sure to get the pluggableMorphsDemo...pr from
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2962

It helps to get you up to speed.

This at least works up to 3.8 but I guess also in current images.

Herbert

David Zmick
/dz0004455\
http://dz0004455.googlepages.com