Morphic red box with big X - how to get the morph to redraw?

cbc

Morphic red box with big X - how to get the morph to redraw?

cbc
Hi.

Normally when I have a morphic drawing failure (usually due to a bug in my drawing code) and the whole morph turns into the yellow X on the red box, I just delete the morph and make a new one.

However, I'd like to get it running/drawing again instead.

Is there a trick to get the morph to start drawing again?

Thanks,
cbc

cbc

Re: Morphic red box with big X - how to get the morph to redraw?

cbc
Ahh, found the ticket.  Bring up halo menu (on the red box), then in the debug menu, select 'start drawing again'.

Now, I'm all happy again.

-cbc

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 1:09 PM, Chris Cunningham <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi.

Normally when I have a morphic drawing failure (usually due to a bug in my drawing code) and the whole morph turns into the yellow X on the red box, I just delete the morph and make a new one.

However, I'd like to get it running/drawing again instead.

Is there a trick to get the morph to start drawing again?

Thanks,
cbc

Re: Morphic red box with big X - how to get the morph to redraw?

marcel.taeumel
Hi Chris,

the code for this is "aMorph resumeAfterDrawError" or just "aMorph removeProperty: #errorOnDraw", which is set in WorldState >> #displayWorldSafely:.

Best,
Marcel