classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Multi OODB version on Mac Book

dario trussardi
Hi,

i have a MacBook when run a GemStone version '2.4.4.1'.

All work fine.

Now i'm interested to run, on the same machine, a new version of Gemstone GemStone/S 3.0 Beta4 Web Edition for Mac OS X.

My objective is to run two different OODB version  on the same Mac.

I think it's possible or no ?

Before download a new OODB version i move the 2.4.... form /opt/ ...... to /opt24/   directory.

I change the:

A)  defSeaside file  for point  to /opt24/..... directory

### GemStone environment settings ### ## Pick up environment variables from the standard installation location. # Commands in seaside/bin source _that_ file, so if you installed GemStone # in a different directory than /opt/gemstone, you need to change it in # both this file and the file it points to if [ -r /opt24/gemstone/product/seaside/etc/gemstone.conf ]; then . /opt24/gemstone/product/seaside/etc/gemstone.conf

B) the   . /opt24/gemstone/product/seaside/etc/gemstone.conf

### Gemstone environment settings ## Linux username of GemStone administrator GEMSTONE_USER="glass" ## Stone name GEMSTONE_NAME=seaside ## Path to the Gemstone product directory GEMSTONE=/opt24/gemstone/product ## Log directory GEMSTONE_LOGDIR=/opt24/gemstone/log ## You shouldn't need to change below here ## Path to the Gemstone Web Edition keyfile GEMSTONE_KEYFILE=$GEMSTONE/seaside/etc/gemstone.key ## Gemstone data directory GEMSTONE_DATADIR=$GEMSTONE/seaside/data ## Path to Gemstone system config file GEMSTONE_SYS_CONF=$GEMSTONE_DATADIR/system.conf ## Path to Gemstone executable config directory GEMSTONE_EXE_CONF=$GEMSTONE_DATADIR

Now when start the OODB with the :

source /opt24/gemstone/product/seaside/defSeaside export GEMSTONE_NAME=dtr $GEMSTONE/seaside/bin/startGemstone $GEMSTONE/seaside/bin/runSeasideGems30 start WAFastCGIAdaptor "9020 9021 9022" $GEMSTONE/seaside/bin/startnet

THE shell report :

startstone[Info]: GemStone version '2.4.4.1' startstone[Info]: Starting Stone repository monitor "dtr". startstone[Info]: GEMSTONE is: "/opt24/gemstone/product". startstone[Info]: GEMSTONE_SYS_CONF=/opt24/gemstone/GemStone64Bit2.4.4.1-x86_64.MacOSX/seaside/data/system.conf GEMSTONE_EXE_CONF=/opt24/gemstone/GemStone64Bit2.4.4.1-x86_64.MacOSX/seaside/data/dtr.conf startstone[Info]: Log file is '/opt24/gemstone/log/dtr.log'. startstone[Error]: Stone process (id=28310) has died. startstone[Error]: Examine '/opt24/gemstone/log/dtr.log' for more information. Excerpt follows: The stone was unable to start a cache page server on host '<stone's host>'. Reason: The cache monitor connect failed. Monitor process (28311) did not start. Help: Operating system kernel configured for shared memory? Check SharedPageCache Monitor log file. Check SHR_PAGE_CACHE_NUM_PROCS in stone config file. Stale files in /opt/gemstone/locks/<stonename>*? ipcs - check for stale resources ? An error occurred when initializing the shared cache Stone startup has failed. Starting Gems.... Starting WAFastCGIAdaptor gem on port 9020 Starting WAFastCGIAdaptor gem on port 9021 Starting WAFastCGIAdaptor gem on port 9022 Starting maintenance gem startnetldi[Info]: GemStone version '2.4.4.1' startnetldi[Info]: Starting GemStone network server "gs64ldi". startnetldi[Info]: GEMSTONE is: "/opt24/gemstone/product". startnetldi[Info]: GEMSTONE_NRS_ALL is: "#dir:$GEMSTONE_DATADIR#log:/$GEMSTONE_LOGDIR/%N%P.log". startnetldi[Info]: Log file is '/opt24/gemstone/log/gs64ldi.log'. Netldi is unable to allocate a network socket: gs64ldi open(/opt/gemstone/locks/gs64ldi..LCK,O_CREAT|O_EXCL|O_RDWR,0644) failed with errno=2,ENOENT, The file or directory specified cannot be found startnetldi[Error]: could not start server logout

THE relative file '/opt24/gemstone/log/dtr.log report:

STN_TRAN_LOG_SIZES = 1000, 1000; STN_TRAN_Q_TO_RUN_Q_THRESHOLD = 6; --- 24.05.2011 13:40:47 CEST --- _____________________________________________________________________________ | Key file: /opt24/gemstone/GemStone64Bit2.4.4.1-x86_64.MacOSX/seaside/etc/gemstone.key | GemStone ID: Free 4GB GS/S Web Edition Beta | | LICENSED TO: GemStone Seaside Community | | KEY ORIGIN: 0x0 (a Darwin x86) | | REPOS MAX: The maximum repository size is 4096 Mbytes. | |_____________________________________________________________________________| ======================================================================== Now starting GemStone monitor. _____________________________________________________________________________ | SESSION CONFIGURATION: The maximum number of concurrent sessions is 41. | |_____________________________________________________________________________| Attaching the Shared Cache using Stone name: dtr --- 24.05.2011 13:45:48 CEST --- The stone was unable to start a cache page server on host '<stone's host>'. Reason: The cache monitor connect failed. Monitor process (187) did not start. Help: Operating system kernel configured for shared memory? Check SharedPageCache Monitor log file. Check SHR_PAGE_CACHE_NUM_PROCS in stone config file. Stale files in /opt/gemstone/locks/<stonename>*? ipcs - check for stale resources ? An error occurred when initializing the shared cache Stone startup has failed.

I need to do other change ?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated !

Dario

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Multi OODB version on Mac Book

Dale Henrichs
Dario,

What is in your *pcmon.log file ... there should be a message telling us why the shared page cache didn't get created ... 

It is possible that you haven't allocated enough shared memory on your mac...

Dale

To: "beta discussion Gemstone Seaside" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:11:43 AM
Subject: [GS/SS Beta] Multi OODB version on Mac Book

Hi,

All work fine.

Now i'm interested to run, on the same machine, a new version of Gemstone GemStone/S 3.0 Beta4 Web Edition for Mac OS X.

Before download a new OODB version i move the 2.4.... form /opt/ ...... to /opt24/   directory.

I change the:

A)  defSeaside file  for point  to /opt24/..... directory

### GemStone environment settings ### ## Pick up environment variables from the standard installation location. # Commands in seaside/bin source _that_ file, so if you installed GemStone # in a different directory than /opt/gemstone, you need to change it in # both this file and the file it points to if [ -r /opt24/gemstone/product/seaside/etc/gemstone.conf ]; then . /opt24/gemstone/product/seaside/etc/gemstone.conf

### Gemstone environment settings ## Linux username of GemStone administrator GEMSTONE_USER="glass" ## Stone name GEMSTONE_NAME=seaside ## Path to the Gemstone product directory GEMSTONE=/opt24/gemstone/product ## Log directory GEMSTONE_LOGDIR=/opt24/gemstone/log ## You shouldn't need to change below here ## Path to the Gemstone Web Edition keyfile GEMSTONE_KEYFILE=$GEMSTONE/seaside/etc/gemstone.key ## Gemstone data directory GEMSTONE_DATADIR=$GEMSTONE/seaside/data ## Path to Gemstone system config file GEMSTONE_SYS_CONF=$GEMSTONE_DATADIR/system.conf ## Path to Gemstone executable config directory GEMSTONE_EXE_CONF=$GEMSTONE_DATADIR

source /opt24/gemstone/product/seaside/defSeaside export GEMSTONE_NAME=dtr $GEMSTONE/seaside/bin/startGemstone $GEMSTONE/seaside/bin/runSeasideGems30 start WAFastCGIAdaptor "9020 9021 9022" $GEMSTONE/seaside/bin/startnet

THE shell report :

startstone[Info]: GemStone version '2.4.4.1' startstone[Info]: Starting Stone repository monitor "dtr". startstone[Info]: GEMSTONE is: "/opt24/gemstone/product". startstone[Info]: GEMSTONE_SYS_CONF=/opt24/gemstone/GemStone64Bit2.4.4.1-x86_64.MacOSX/seaside/data/system.conf GEMSTONE_EXE_CONF=/opt24/gemstone/GemStone64Bit2.4.4.1-x86_64.MacOSX/seaside/data/dtr.conf startstone[Info]: Log file is '/opt24/gemstone/log/dtr.log'. startstone[Error]: Stone process (id=28310) has died. startstone[Error]: Examine '/opt24/gemstone/log/dtr.log' for more information. Excerpt follows: The stone was unable to start a cache page server on host '<stone's host>'. Reason: The cache monitor connect failed. Monitor process (28311) did not start. Help: Operating system kernel configured for shared memory? Check SharedPageCache Monitor log file. Check SHR_PAGE_CACHE_NUM_PROCS in stone config file. Stale files in /opt/gemstone/locks/<stonename>*? ipcs - check for stale resources ? An error occurred when initializing the shared cache Stone startup has failed. Starting Gems.... Starting WAFastCGIAdaptor gem on port 9020 Starting WAFastCGIAdaptor gem on port 9021 Starting WAFastCGIAdaptor gem on port 9022 Starting maintenance gem startnetldi[Info]: GemStone version '2.4.4.1' startnetldi[Info]: Starting GemStone network server "gs64ldi". startnetldi[Info]: GEMSTONE is: "/opt24/gemstone/product". startnetldi[Info]: GEMSTONE_NRS_ALL is: "#dir:$GEMSTONE_DATADIR#log:/$GEMSTONE_LOGDIR/%N%P.log". startnetldi[Info]: Log file is '/opt24/gemstone/log/gs64ldi.log'. Netldi is unable to allocate a network socket: gs64ldi open(/opt/gemstone/locks/gs64ldi..LCK,O_CREAT|O_EXCL|O_RDWR,0644) failed with errno=2,ENOENT, The file or directory specified cannot be found startnetldi[Error]: could not start server logout

STN_TRAN_LOG_SIZES = 1000, 1000; STN_TRAN_Q_TO_RUN_Q_THRESHOLD = 6; --- 24.05.2011 13:40:47 CEST --- _____________________________________________________________________________ | Key file: /opt24/gemstone/GemStone64Bit2.4.4.1-x86_64.MacOSX/seaside/etc/gemstone.key | GemStone ID: Free 4GB GS/S Web Edition Beta | | LICENSED TO: GemStone Seaside Community | | KEY ORIGIN: 0x0 (a Darwin x86) | | REPOS MAX: The maximum repository size is 4096 Mbytes. | |_____________________________________________________________________________| ======================================================================== Now starting GemStone monitor. _____________________________________________________________________________ | SESSION CONFIGURATION: The maximum number of concurrent sessions is 41. | |_____________________________________________________________________________| Attaching the Shared Cache using Stone name: dtr --- 24.05.2011 13:45:48 CEST --- The stone was unable to start a cache page server on host '<stone's host>'. Reason: The cache monitor connect failed. Monitor process (187) did not start. Help: Operating system kernel configured for shared memory? Check SharedPageCache Monitor log file. Check SHR_PAGE_CACHE_NUM_PROCS in stone config file. Stale files in /opt/gemstone/locks/<stonename>*? ipcs - check for stale resources ? An error occurred when initializing the shared cache Stone startup has failed.

Dario

Reply | Threaded
|

Johan Brichau-2
Hi,

Coincidentally, I had the same problem today on my macbook (running only single version of GS2.4).
I could reinstall GS and reboot as much as I wanted, the problem remained.

In the end, we discovered that the nslookup of my ip address returned multiple hostnames.
Given that GS tends to break down when your IP or hostname changes, I suspected something...

When that was fixed, GS worked again.

Maybe the problem is the same or maybe not, but is there a way to deal with changing IPs?
The same thing happens when you put your laptop to sleep and wake it up on in a different network. Gemstone will not like it...

Johan

On 24 May 2011, at 18:01, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Dario,
>
> What is in your *pcmon.log file ... there should be a message telling us why the shared page cache didn't get created ...
>
> It is possible that you haven't allocated enough shared memory on your mac...
>
> Dale
>
> From: "Dario Trussardi" <[hidden email]>
> To: "beta discussion Gemstone Seaside" <[hidden email]>
> Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:11:43 AM
> Subject: [GS/SS Beta] Multi OODB version on Mac Book
>
> Hi,
>
> i have a MacBook when run a GemStone version '2.4.4.1'.
>
> All work fine.
>
> Now i'm interested to run, on the same machine, a new version of Gemstone GemStone/S 3.0 Beta4 Web Edition for Mac OS X.
>
> My objective is to run two different OODB version  on the same Mac.
>
> I think it's possible or no ?
>
> Before download a new OODB version i move the 2.4.... form /opt/ ...... to /opt24/   directory.
>
>
> I change the:
>
> A) defSeaside file  for point  to /opt24/..... directory
>
>
> ### GemStone environment settings ###
>
>
>
> ## Pick up environment variables from the standard installation location.
>
>
> # Commands in seaside/bin source _that_ file, so if you installed GemStone
>
>
> # in a different directory than /opt/gemstone, you need to change it in
>
>
> # both this file and the file it points to
>
>
>
> if [ -r /opt24/gemstone/product/seaside/etc/gemstone.conf ]; then
>  
>  . /opt24/gemstone/product/seaside/etc/gemstone.conf
>  
>
> B) the . /opt24/gemstone/product/seaside/etc/gemstone.conf
>
>
> ### Gemstone environment settings
>
> ## Linux username of GemStone administrator
> GEMSTONE_USER="glass"
>
> ## Stone name
> GEMSTONE_NAME=seaside
>
> ## Path to the Gemstone product directory
> GEMSTONE=/opt24/gemstone/product
>
> ## Log directory
> GEMSTONE_LOGDIR=/opt24/gemstone/log
>
> ## You shouldn't need to change below here
>
> ## Path to the Gemstone Web Edition keyfile
> GEMSTONE_KEYFILE=$GEMSTONE/seaside/etc/gemstone.key
>
> ## Gemstone data directory
> GEMSTONE_DATADIR=$GEMSTONE/seaside/data
>
> ## Path to Gemstone system config file
> GEMSTONE_SYS_CONF=$GEMSTONE_DATADIR/system.conf
>
> ## Path to Gemstone executable config directory
> GEMSTONE_EXE_CONF=$GEMSTONE_DATADIR
>
>
>
>
> Now when start  the OODB  with the :
>
> source /opt24/gemstone/product/seaside/defSeaside
> export GEMSTONE_NAME=dtr
> $GEMSTONE/seaside/bin/startGemstone
> $GEMSTONE/seaside/bin/runSeasideGems30 start  WAFastCGIAdaptor "9020 9021 9022"
> $GEMSTONE/seaside/bin/startnet
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> THE  shell report :
>
>
>
> startstone[Info]: GemStone version '2.4.4.1'
> startstone[Info]: Starting Stone repository monitor "dtr".
> startstone[Info]: GEMSTONE is: "/opt24/gemstone/product".
> startstone[Info]:
>     GEMSTONE_SYS_CONF=/opt24/gemstone/GemStone64Bit2.4.4.1-x86_64.MacOSX/seaside/data/system.conf
>     GEMSTONE_EXE_CONF=/opt24/gemstone/GemStone64Bit2.4.4.1-x86_64.MacOSX/seaside/data/dtr.conf
> startstone[Info]: Log file is '/opt24/gemstone/log/dtr.log'.
>
> startstone[Error]: Stone process (id=28310) has died.
> startstone[Error]: Examine '/opt24/gemstone/log/dtr.log' for more information.  Excerpt follows:
>  The stone was unable to start a cache page server on host '<stone's host>'.
> Reason:  The cache monitor connect failed.
>   Monitor process (28311) did not start.
>
>
> Help:
>   Operating system kernel configured for shared memory?
>   Check SharedPageCache Monitor log file.
>   Check SHR_PAGE_CACHE_NUM_PROCS in stone config file.
>   Stale files in /opt/gemstone/locks/<stonename>*?
>   ipcs - check for stale resources ?
>
> An error occurred when initializing the shared cache
>
>     Stone startup has failed.
> Starting Gems....
> Starting WAFastCGIAdaptor gem on port 9020
> Starting WAFastCGIAdaptor gem on port 9021
> Starting WAFastCGIAdaptor gem on port 9022
> Starting maintenance gem
> startnetldi[Info]: GemStone version '2.4.4.1'
> startnetldi[Info]: Starting GemStone network server "gs64ldi".
> startnetldi[Info]: GEMSTONE is: "/opt24/gemstone/product".
> startnetldi[Info]: GEMSTONE_NRS_ALL is: "#dir:$GEMSTONE_DATADIR#log:/$GEMSTONE_LOGDIR/%N%P.log".
> startnetldi[Info]: Log file is '/opt24/gemstone/log/gs64ldi.log'.
> Netldi is unable to allocate a network socket: gs64ldi
> open(/opt/gemstone/locks/gs64ldi..LCK,O_CREAT|O_EXCL|O_RDWR,0644) failed with errno=2,ENOENT, The file or directory specified cannot be found
> startnetldi[Error]:  could not start server
> logout
>
>  
>
>
>
>
> THE relative file '/opt24/gemstone/log/dtr.log     report:
>
>
>
> STN_TRAN_LOG_SIZES = 1000,
> 1000;
> STN_TRAN_Q_TO_RUN_Q_THRESHOLD = 6;
>
> --- 24.05.2011 13:40:47 CEST ---
>  _____________________________________________________________________________
> |    Key file:  /opt24/gemstone/GemStone64Bit2.4.4.1-x86_64.MacOSX/seaside/etc/gemstone.key
> | GemStone ID:  Free 4GB GS/S Web Edition Beta                                |
> | LICENSED TO:  GemStone Seaside Community                                    |
> |  KEY ORIGIN:  0x0 (a Darwin x86)                                            |
> |   REPOS MAX:  The maximum repository size is 4096 Mbytes.                   |
> |_____________________________________________________________________________|
>
> ========================================================================
>     Now starting GemStone monitor.
>
>  _____________________________________________________________________________
> |     SESSION CONFIGURATION: The maximum number of concurrent sessions is 41. |
> |_____________________________________________________________________________|
>
>     Attaching the Shared Cache using Stone name: dtr
>
> --- 24.05.2011 13:45:48 CEST ---
>  The stone was unable to start a cache page server on host '<stone's host>'.
> Reason:  The cache monitor connect failed.
>   Monitor process (187) did not start.
>
>
> Help:
>   Operating system kernel configured for shared memory?
>   Check SharedPageCache Monitor log file.
>   Check SHR_PAGE_CACHE_NUM_PROCS in stone config file.
>   Stale files in /opt/gemstone/locks/<stonename>*?
>   ipcs - check for stale resources ?
>
> An error occurred when initializing the shared cache
>
>     Stone startup has failed.
>  
>
>
>
>
>
> I need to do other change ?
>
>
> Any pointers would be greatly appreciated !
>
>
> Dario
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

dario trussardi
In reply to this post by Dale Henrichs
<base href="x-msg://72/">
 Dale,

my last *pcmon.log file ... is:

|    VERSION: 2.4.4.1, Tue Jul 13 15:19:59 2010                               |
|      BUILD: gss64_2_4_4_x_branch-23813                                      |
|  BUILT FOR: Darwin (Apple Macintosh x86)                                    |
|       MODE: 64 bit                                                          |
| RUNNING ON: 2-CPU dariomac.local i386 (Darwin 10.7.0 ) 2800MHz MacBookPro5,2|
| 2048MB                                                                      |
| PROCESS ID: 187       DATE: 24.05.2011 13:40:47 CEST                        |
|   USER IDS: REAL=dtr (501) EFFECTIVE=dtr (501)                              |
|   DATEFORMAT: %d.%m.%Y %H:%M:%S                                             |
|    COMMAND: /opt24/gemstone/GemStone64Bit2.4.4.1-x86_64.MacOSX/sys/startshrpcmon
| dtr@192.168.1.222 31250 49 0 5000 3906 1 1900                               |
|_____________________________________________________________________________|
SharedPageCache Monitor Summary:
   the hostname is:    dariomac.local
   GEMSTONE is:        "/opt24/gemstone/product"
   shrpcmon arguments are:
      SharedPageCache Monitor name  dtr@192.168.1.222.
      Number of pages               31250.
      Number of processes           49.
      Cache locked in memory        0.
      SpinLockCount                 5000.
      TargetFreeFrameCount          3906.
      Number of free frame servers  1.
      Number of shared counters     1900.
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|    PROGRAM: SHRPCMON, GemStone SharedPageCache Monitor                      |
| PROCESS ID: 187       DATE: 24.05.2011 13:40:48 CEST                        |
|   GemStone could not retrieve the segment key using ftok().                 |
|   path = /opt/gemstone/locks/dtr@192.168.1.222 prodid = 76, error = errno=2,ENOENT,
| The file or directory specified cannot be found.                            |
|                                                                             |
  GemStone could not retrieve the segment key using ftok().
  path = /opt/gemstone/locks/dtr@192.168.1.222 prodid = 76, error = errno=2,ENOENT, The file or directory specified cannot be found.
  GemStone could not attach to the shared page cache.

[SpcMon trace]: ... cache creation failed ...
--- 24.05.2011 13:40:48.081 CEST :Starting shrpcmonitor shutdown
--- 24.05.2011 13:40:48.081 CEST :Waiting for crashed slot recovery thread to shutdown...Done.
--- 24.05.2011 13:40:48.081 CEST :Waiting for clean slot recovery thread to shutdown...Done.
--- 24.05.2011 13:40:48.081 CEST :Waiting for stats thread to shutdown...Done.
--- 24.05.2011 13:40:48.081 CEST :All threads have stopped.
  The Shared Page Cache Monitor is shutting down.

For now i d'ont download and run the new  OODB Version.

I have only rename the path, the memory free d'on't change i think.

Thanks,

Dario

Dario,

What is in your *pcmon.log file ... there should be a message telling us why the shared page cache didn't get created ... 

Dale

To: "beta discussion Gemstone Seaside" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:11:43 AM
Subject: [GS/SS Beta] Multi OODB version on Mac Book

Hi,

All work fine.

Before download a new OODB version i move the 2.4.... form  /opt/ ......  to  /opt24/    directory.

I change the:

A)   defSeaside  file  for point  to  /opt24/.....  directory

THE shell report :

Dario

Reply | Threaded
|

Dale Henrichs
Dario,

The command `ipcs -a` lists shared memory segments and `ipcrm` can be used to remove unused segments .... look at the `ipcs -a` results with a stone running and without to get a feel for which memory segments are involved (and how big they look) ...

I also seem to recall that there is a problem with shared memory segments not going away for some reason on macs and that you need to reboot? 

Don't recall the details, but perhaps someone else does?

Dale

To: "GemStone Seaside beta discussion" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:15:24 AM
Subject: Re: [GS/SS Beta] Multi OODB version on Mac Book

Dale,

|    COMMAND: /opt24/gemstone/GemStone64Bit2.4.4.1-x86_64.MacOSX/sys/startshrpcmon
   shrpcmon arguments are:
|   path = /opt/gemstone/locks/dtr@192.168.1.222 prodid = 76, error = errno=2,ENOENT,
  path = /opt/gemstone/locks/dtr@192.168.1.222 prodid = 76, error = errno=2,ENOENT, The file or directory specified cannot be found.

--- 24.05.2011 13:40:48.081 CEST :Waiting for crashed slot recovery thread to shutdown...Done.
--- 24.05.2011 13:40:48.081 CEST :Waiting for clean slot recovery thread to shutdown...Done.

I have only rename the path, the memory free d'on't change i think.

Thanks,

Dario

Dario,

Dale

Hi,

All work fine.

Before download a new OODB version i move the 2.4.... form  /opt/ ......  to  /opt24/    directory.

I change the:

THE shell report :

Dario

Reply | Threaded
|

dario trussardi
<base href="x-msg://1/">
Dale,

Dario,

The command `ipcs -a` lists shared memory segments and `ipcrm` can be used to remove unused segments .... look at the `ipcs -a` results with a stone running and without to get a feel for which memory segments are involved (and how big they look) ...

After reboot the MAC  the  ipcs -a  report:

IPC status from <running system> as of Wed May 25 14:37:49 CEST 2011
T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP  CREATOR   CGROUP CBYTES  QNUM QBYTES LSPID LRPID   STIME    RTIME    CTIME
Message Queues:

T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP  CREATOR   CGROUP NATTCH  SEGSZ  CPID  LPID   ATIME    DTIME    CTIME
Shared Memory:

T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP  CREATOR   CGROUP NSEMS   OTIME    CTIME
Semaphores:

After command to start the OODB ( but with the same error ) the ipcs -a  report:

IPC status from <running system> as of Wed May 25 14:55:25 CEST 2011
T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP  CREATOR   CGROUP CBYTES  QNUM QBYTES LSPID LRPID   STIME    RTIME    CTIME
Message Queues:

T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP  CREATOR   CGROUP NATTCH  SEGSZ  CPID  LPID   ATIME    DTIME    CTIME
Shared Memory:
m  65536 0x07021999 --rw-r--r--     root    wheel     root    wheel      0   1460    177    177 14:42:18 14:52:31 14:42:18
m  65537 0x60022006 --rw-r--r--     root    wheel     root    wheel      0    100    177    177 14:42:18 14:52:31 14:42:18

T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP  CREATOR   CGROUP NSEMS   OTIME    CTIME
Semaphores:

In the *.log  file as  report in my preceding e-mail   you can see report sometime the path /opt/......../   

But now my path is set to /opt24/ ......../

Because this incongruous ?

And another questions : 

before create the /opt24/....  directory  when all do reference to /opt/gemstone/.....  path   the OODB start and work fine.

Because now after translate the OODB int the /opt24/....... and do some configurations change to point at the /opt24/ i found some problem ?

The Mac system is not change .

Thanks for any considerations !

Dario

I also seem to recall that there is a problem with shared memory segments not going away for some reason on macs and that you need to reboot? 

Don't recall the details, but perhaps someone else does?

Dale

To: "GemStone Seaside beta discussion" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:15:24 AM
Subject: Re: [GS/SS Beta] Multi OODB version on Mac Book

Dale,

shrpcmon arguments are:

I have only rename the path,  the memory free d'on't change i think.

Thanks,

Dario

Dario,

Dale

Hi,

All work fine.

I change the:

THE shell report :

Dario

Reply | Threaded
|

ARNi.e.
I know this is a very old issue but I ran into this today and sorted it out.
"/opt/gemstone/locks" is missing
You need to manually create this path to get it to work
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [Glass] Multi OODB version on Mac Book

GLASS mailing list
On the Mac, GemStone.app (http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/jade/GemStoneApp.dmg) manages this by setting an environment variable (GEMSTONE_GLOBAL_DIR) to a local directory.

James

On Feb 27, 2015, at 4:42 AM, ARNi.e. via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:

I know this is a very old issue but I ran into this today and sorted it out.
*"/opt/gemstone/locks" is missing*
You need to manually create this path to get it to work

--
View this message in context: http://forum.world.st/Multi-OODB-version-on-Mac-Book-tp3546885p4808248.html
Sent from the GLASS mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [Glass] Multi OODB version on Mac Book

GLASS mailing list
In reply to this post by ARNi.e.
I'm curious how you installed GemStone on your Mac ... if you used
GsDevKitHome[1] or the older installGemStone script, the /opt/gemstone
directories are created for you ...

Dale

[1]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/gsDevKitHome#open-source-development-kit-for-gemstones-64-bit-
On 02/27/2015 04:42 AM, ARNi.e. via Glass wrote:

> I know this is a very old issue but I ran into this today and sorted it out.
> *"/opt/gemstone/locks" is missing*
> You need to manually create this path to get it to work
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://forum.world.st/Multi-OODB-version-on-Mac-Book-tp3546885p4808248.html
> Sent from the GLASS mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Glass mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.gemtalksystems.com/mailman/listinfo/glass