My experiences in downloading Squeak (How about a sources integrity check?)

My experiences in downloading Squeak (How about a sources integrity check?)

Jerome Peace
My experiences in downloading Squeak (How about a
sources integrity check?)

Hi Hans-Martin,

Hmmm.

***
>To check, see whether your file has a size of exactly
17584742 bytes. If
>it does not, it is broken.
***

It seems to me this would make a pretty good sunit
integrity check. Would you be willing/interested in
following thru by making it one and putting it on
Mantis?

Yours in service and curiosity, --Jerome Peace

Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: My experiences in downloading Squeak (How about a sources integrity check?)

Hans-Martin Mosner
Jerome Peace schrieb:

> It seems to me this would make a pretty good sunit
> integrity check. Would you be willing/interested in
> following thru by making it one and putting it on
> Mantis?

That's a really good idea.
I have written a unit test which uses SHA1 to catch not only the dreaded
CRLF corruption but other possible issues as well. Currently it knows
the hashes of SqueakV3.sources, SqueakV39.sources and CroquetV1.sources
(just because I happen to have those on my machine).
I'm now in the process of putting it on Mantis.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin