Nautilus Refactorings

123

Nautilus Refactorings

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
Hello guys,

I know a some of you are waiting for the integration of the RB engine into Nautilus.

Some of them are already implemented, so if you wanna test them, here is the gofer script

Gofer new
        url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Nautilus';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfNautilus';
        load.

(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfNautilusRefactoring) perform: #loadDefault

It loads everything.

For now I have only done some refactorings for classes, so if you popup the menu on a class, a new item named Refactoring should appear :)

Moreover, the 'rename class' method is replaced by the RB one :)

Thanks in advance for your feedback, and if you want to participate, you are more than welcome :)

Ben

Re: Nautilus Refactorings

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks benjamin.

Stef

> Hello guys,
>
> I know a some of you are waiting for the integration of the RB engine into Nautilus.
>
> Some of them are already implemented, so if you wanna test them, here is the gofer script
>
> Gofer new
> url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Nautilus';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfNautilus';
> load.
>
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfNautilusRefactoring) perform: #loadDefault
>

> It loads everything.
>
> For now I have only done some refactorings for classes, so if you popup the menu on a class, a new item named Refactoring should appear :)
>
> Moreover, the 'rename class' method is replaced by the RB one :)
>

> Thanks in advance for your feedback, and if you want to participate, you are more than welcome :)
>

> Ben

Re: Nautilus Refactorings

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Cool. I'll give it a try. I'm like mariano, luc and other waiting for RB support to start using Nautilus as the default browser.

Noury
On 14 févr. 2012, at 18:39, Benjamin wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I know a some of you are waiting for the integration of the RB engine into Nautilus.
>
> Some of them are already implemented, so if you wanna test them, here is the gofer script
>
> Gofer new
> url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Nautilus';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfNautilus';
> load.
>
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfNautilusRefactoring) perform: #loadDefault
>

> It loads everything.
>
> For now I have only done some refactorings for classes, so if you popup the menu on a class, a new item named Refactoring should appear :)
>
> Moreover, the 'rename class' method is replaced by the RB one :)
>

> Thanks in advance for your feedback, and if you want to participate, you are more than welcome :)
>

> Ben

Noury
--
http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Re: Nautilus Refactorings

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
Basically, the infrastructure is here.

But I still have to copy and past each menu entry :)

It's long and a bit boring, but it's easy to do ^^

Ben

On Feb 14, 2012, at 8:15 PM, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:

> Cool. I'll give it a try. I'm like mariano, luc and other waiting for RB support to start using Nautilus as the default browser.
>
> Noury
> On 14 févr. 2012, at 18:39, Benjamin wrote:
>
>> Hello guys,
>>
>> I know a some of you are waiting for the integration of the RB engine into Nautilus.
>>
>> Some of them are already implemented, so if you wanna test them, here is the gofer script
>>
>> Gofer new
>> url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Nautilus';
>> package: 'ConfigurationOfNautilus';
>> load.
>>
>> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfNautilusRefactoring) perform: #loadDefault
>>

>> It loads everything.
>>
>> For now I have only done some refactorings for classes, so if you popup the menu on a class, a new item named Refactoring should appear :)
>>
>> Moreover, the 'rename class' method is replaced by the RB one :)
>>

>> Thanks in advance for your feedback, and if you want to participate, you are more than welcome :)
>>

>> Ben
>
> Noury
> --
> http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
> http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Re: Nautilus Refactorings

Luc Fabresse
Hi Benjamin,

 Great, I will try too.
 Thanks,

Luc

2012/2/14 Benjamin <[hidden email]>
Basically, the infrastructure is here.

But I still have to copy and past each menu entry :)

It's long and a bit boring, but it's easy to do ^^

Ben

On Feb 14, 2012, at 8:15 PM, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:

> Cool. I'll give it a try. I'm like mariano, luc and other waiting for RB support to start using Nautilus as the default browser.
>
> Noury
> On 14 févr. 2012, at 18:39, Benjamin wrote:
>
>> Hello guys,
>>
>> I know a some of you are waiting for the integration of the RB engine into Nautilus.
>>
>> Some of them are already implemented, so if you wanna test them, here is the gofer script
>>
>> Gofer new
>>      url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Nautilus';
>>      package: 'ConfigurationOfNautilus';
>>      load.
>>
>> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfNautilusRefactoring) perform: #loadDefault
>>

>> It loads everything.
>>
>> For now I have only done some refactorings for classes, so if you popup the menu on a class, a new item named Refactoring should appear :)
>>
>> Moreover, the 'rename class' method is replaced by the RB one :)
>>

>> Thanks in advance for your feedback, and if you want to participate, you are more than welcome :)
>>

>> Ben
>
> Noury
> --
> http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
> http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Re: Nautilus Refactorings

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Ben,

On 14 févr. 2012, at 20:23, Benjamin wrote:

> Basically, the infrastructure is here.
>
> But I still have to copy and past each menu entry :)
>
> It's long and a bit boring, but it's easy to do ^^

I have no idea on how this is implemented. Just wondering if it can't be automated somehow. At least partially (e.g. a skeleton)? A skeleton might allow others to help.

BTW, I installed Nautilus on 1.4-333 yesterday night. Here is some feedback.

I like the group idea. But, how can I add a new group ?
I also wanted to reset a group (last modified, last viewed). How can do it ?
I added a couple of classes, but strangely, they don't show up in the "last modified" group.

Noury

> Ben
>
> On Feb 14, 2012, at 8:15 PM, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
>
>> Cool. I'll give it a try. I'm like mariano, luc and other waiting for RB support to start using Nautilus as the default browser.
>>
>> Noury
>> On 14 févr. 2012, at 18:39, Benjamin wrote:
>>
>>> Hello guys,
>>>
>>> I know a some of you are waiting for the integration of the RB engine into Nautilus.
>>>
>>> Some of them are already implemented, so if you wanna test them, here is the gofer script
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>> url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Nautilus';
>>> package: 'ConfigurationOfNautilus';
>>> load.
>>>
>>> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfNautilusRefactoring) perform: #loadDefault
>>>

>>> It loads everything.
>>>
>>> For now I have only done some refactorings for classes, so if you popup the menu on a class, a new item named Refactoring should appear :)
>>>
>>> Moreover, the 'rename class' method is replaced by the RB one :)
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance for your feedback, and if you want to participate, you are more than welcome :)
>>>

>>> Ben
>>
>> Noury
>> --
>> http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
>> http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Noury
--
http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement,
merci de n'imprimer ce courriel qu'en cas de necessite

Re: Nautilus Refactorings

Luc Fabresse

2012/2/16 Noury Bouraqadi <[hidden email]>
Ben,

On 14 févr. 2012, at 20:23, Benjamin wrote:

> Basically, the infrastructure is here.
>
> But I still have to copy and past each menu entry :)
>
> It's long and a bit boring, but it's easy to do ^^

I have no idea on how this is implemented. Just wondering if it can't be automated somehow. At least partially (e.g. a skeleton)? A skeleton might allow others to help.

BTW, I installed Nautilus on 1.4-333 yesterday night. Here is some feedback.

I like the group idea. But, how can I add a new group ?

right click on a set of packages and "add in group" or (CMD+e).

Luc

I also wanted to reset a group (last modified, last viewed). How can do it ?
I added a couple of classes, but strangely, they don't show up in the "last modified" group.

Noury

> Ben
>
> On Feb 14, 2012, at 8:15 PM, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
>
>> Cool. I'll give it a try. I'm like mariano, luc and other waiting for RB support to start using Nautilus as the default browser.
>>
>> Noury
>> On 14 févr. 2012, at 18:39, Benjamin wrote:
>>
>>> Hello guys,
>>>
>>> I know a some of you are waiting for the integration of the RB engine into Nautilus.
>>>
>>> Some of them are already implemented, so if you wanna test them, here is the gofer script
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>>     url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Nautilus';
>>>     package: 'ConfigurationOfNautilus';
>>>     load.
>>>
>>> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfNautilusRefactoring) perform: #loadDefault
>>>

>>> It loads everything.
>>>
>>> For now I have only done some refactorings for classes, so if you popup the menu on a class, a new item named Refactoring should appear :)
>>>
>>> Moreover, the 'rename class' method is replaced by the RB one :)
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance for your feedback, and if you want to participate, you are more than welcome :)
>>>

>>> Ben
>>
>> Noury
>> --
>> http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
>> http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Noury
--
http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement,
merci de n'imprimer ce courriel qu'en cas de necessite

Re: Nautilus Refactorings

S Krish
I would suggest modifying the right corner button for S B D I C  : to a drop down like choice. Looks / aesthetics.. viewpoint..

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]> wrote:

2012/2/16 Noury Bouraqadi <[hidden email]>
Ben,

On 14 févr. 2012, at 20:23, Benjamin wrote:

> Basically, the infrastructure is here.
>
> But I still have to copy and past each menu entry :)
>
> It's long and a bit boring, but it's easy to do ^^

I have no idea on how this is implemented. Just wondering if it can't be automated somehow. At least partially (e.g. a skeleton)? A skeleton might allow others to help.

BTW, I installed Nautilus on 1.4-333 yesterday night. Here is some feedback.

I like the group idea. But, how can I add a new group ?

right click on a set of packages and "add in group" or (CMD+e).

Luc

I also wanted to reset a group (last modified, last viewed). How can do it ?
I added a couple of classes, but strangely, they don't show up in the "last modified" group.

Noury

> Ben
>
> On Feb 14, 2012, at 8:15 PM, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
>
>> Cool. I'll give it a try. I'm like mariano, luc and other waiting for RB support to start using Nautilus as the default browser.
>>
>> Noury
>> On 14 févr. 2012, at 18:39, Benjamin wrote:
>>
>>> Hello guys,
>>>
>>> I know a some of you are waiting for the integration of the RB engine into Nautilus.
>>>
>>> Some of them are already implemented, so if you wanna test them, here is the gofer script
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>>     url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Nautilus';
>>>     package: 'ConfigurationOfNautilus';
>>>     load.
>>>
>>> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfNautilusRefactoring) perform: #loadDefault
>>>

>>> It loads everything.
>>>
>>> For now I have only done some refactorings for classes, so if you popup the menu on a class, a new item named Refactoring should appear :)
>>>
>>> Moreover, the 'rename class' method is replaced by the RB one :)
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance for your feedback, and if you want to participate, you are more than welcome :)
>>>

>>> Ben
>>
>> Noury
>> --
>> http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
>> http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Noury
--
http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement,
merci de n'imprimer ce courriel qu'en cas de necessite

Re: Nautilus Refactorings

Luc Fabresse
Hi Ben,

Nautilus is becoming really nice!

Some thoughts:

- By default, packages are in the first pane and classes in the second pane.
When I click on the hierarchy toggle button, it is swapped (packages in second pane and classes in the first one).
Why swapping ? I think it surprised me.

- it misses a descriptions for available plugins in "Nautilus plugin manager"

- I tested some simple refactorings rename,  .... and it worked. What is missing (should be done) regarding refactorings ?

#Luc

2012/2/16 Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]>

2012/2/16 Noury Bouraqadi <[hidden email]>
Ben,

On 14 févr. 2012, at 20:23, Benjamin wrote:

> Basically, the infrastructure is here.
>
> But I still have to copy and past each menu entry :)
>
> It's long and a bit boring, but it's easy to do ^^

I have no idea on how this is implemented. Just wondering if it can't be automated somehow. At least partially (e.g. a skeleton)? A skeleton might allow others to help.

BTW, I installed Nautilus on 1.4-333 yesterday night. Here is some feedback.

I like the group idea. But, how can I add a new group ?

right click on a set of packages and "add in group" or (CMD+e).

Luc

I also wanted to reset a group (last modified, last viewed). How can do it ?
I added a couple of classes, but strangely, they don't show up in the "last modified" group.

Noury

> Ben
>
> On Feb 14, 2012, at 8:15 PM, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
>
>> Cool. I'll give it a try. I'm like mariano, luc and other waiting for RB support to start using Nautilus as the default browser.
>>
>> Noury
>> On 14 févr. 2012, at 18:39, Benjamin wrote:
>>
>>> Hello guys,
>>>
>>> I know a some of you are waiting for the integration of the RB engine into Nautilus.
>>>
>>> Some of them are already implemented, so if you wanna test them, here is the gofer script
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>>     url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Nautilus';
>>>     package: 'ConfigurationOfNautilus';
>>>     load.
>>>
>>> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfNautilusRefactoring) perform: #loadDefault
>>>

>>> It loads everything.
>>>
>>> For now I have only done some refactorings for classes, so if you popup the menu on a class, a new item named Refactoring should appear :)
>>>
>>> Moreover, the 'rename class' method is replaced by the RB one :)
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance for your feedback, and if you want to participate, you are more than welcome :)
>>>

>>> Ben
>>
>> Noury
>> --
>> http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
>> http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Noury
--
http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement,
merci de n'imprimer ce courriel qu'en cas de necessite

Re: Nautilus Refactorings

Luc Fabresse

And I forget to say that I didn't get why the background of some methods is yellow?

> [...]

>>> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfNautilusRefactoring) perform: #loadDefault
>>>

>>> It loads everything.
>>>
>>> For now I have only done some refactorings for classes, so if you popup the menu on a class, a new item named Refactoring should appear :)
>>>
>>> Moreover, the 'rename class' method is replaced by the RB one :)
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance for your feedback, and if you want to participate, you are more than welcome :)
>>>

>>> Ben
>>
>> Noury
>> --
>> http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
>> http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Noury
--
http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement,
merci de n'imprimer ce courriel qu'en cas de necessite

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ben,

Nautilus is becoming really nice!

Some thoughts:

- By default, packages are in the first pane and classes in the second pane.
When I click on the hierarchy toggle button, it is swapped (packages in second pane and classes in the first one).
Why swapping ? I think it surprised me.

- it misses a descriptions for available plugins in "Nautilus plugin manager"

- I tested some simple refactorings rename,  .... and it worked. What is missing (should be done) regarding refactorings ?

In my case the one I really miss is method rename. Is the one I use most.

Ben, I will give it a try as soon as possible!!! :)

#Luc

2012/2/16 Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]>

2012/2/16 Noury Bouraqadi <[hidden email]>
Ben,

On 14 févr. 2012, at 20:23, Benjamin wrote:

> Basically, the infrastructure is here.
>
> But I still have to copy and past each menu entry :)
>
> It's long and a bit boring, but it's easy to do ^^

I have no idea on how this is implemented. Just wondering if it can't be automated somehow. At least partially (e.g. a skeleton)? A skeleton might allow others to help.

BTW, I installed Nautilus on 1.4-333 yesterday night. Here is some feedback.

I like the group idea. But, how can I add a new group ?

right click on a set of packages and "add in group" or (CMD+e).

Luc

I also wanted to reset a group (last modified, last viewed). How can do it ?
I added a couple of classes, but strangely, they don't show up in the "last modified" group.

Noury

> Ben
>
> On Feb 14, 2012, at 8:15 PM, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
>
>> Cool. I'll give it a try. I'm like mariano, luc and other waiting for RB support to start using Nautilus as the default browser.
>>
>> Noury
>> On 14 févr. 2012, at 18:39, Benjamin wrote:
>>
>>> Hello guys,
>>>
>>> I know a some of you are waiting for the integration of the RB engine into Nautilus.
>>>
>>> Some of them are already implemented, so if you wanna test them, here is the gofer script
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>>     url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Nautilus';
>>>     package: 'ConfigurationOfNautilus';
>>>     load.
>>>
>>> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfNautilusRefactoring) perform: #loadDefault
>>>

>>> It loads everything.
>>>
>>> For now I have only done some refactorings for classes, so if you popup the menu on a class, a new item named Refactoring should appear :)
>>>
>>> Moreover, the 'rename class' method is replaced by the RB one :)
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance for your feedback, and if you want to participate, you are more than welcome :)
>>>

>>> Ben
>>
>> Noury
>> --
>> http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
>> http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Noury
--
http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement,
merci de n'imprimer ce courriel qu'en cas de necessite

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Nautilus Refactorings

SergeStinckwich
long method ?

--
Serge Stinckwich
Matsuno Laboratory, Kyoto University, Japan (until 12/2011)
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Nautilus Refactorings

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 16 Feb 2012, at 10:15, Luc Fabresse wrote:

> And I forget to say that I didn't get why the background of some methods is yellow?

Method too long, I love this feature!

Re: Nautilus Refactorings

On Feb 16, 2012, at 9:55 AM, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:

> Ben,
>
> On 14 févr. 2012, at 20:23, Benjamin wrote:
>
>> Basically, the infrastructure is here.
>>
>> But I still have to copy and past each menu entry :)
>>
>> It's long and a bit boring, but it's easy to do ^^
>>
> I have no idea on how this is implemented. Just wondering if it can't be automated somehow. At least partially (e.g. a skeleton)? A skeleton might allow others to help.

It's quite automatic already.
The process is:
1) open an image with RB
2) look for the name of menu items
3) enter the name in a workspace
4) use the shortcut cmd+E to find where this string is used
5) browse the class on the method (should be a method named #label)
6) jump to the method refactoring
7) copy it into NautilusRefactorings in a method named private##{NameOfTheRefactoring}
8) create the public method (skeletons are there already)
9) add a menu entry
10) test it
11) go to 2)

> BTW, I installed Nautilus on 1.4-333 yesterday night. Here is some feedback.

Cool :)

> I like the group idea. But, how can I add a new group ?

If you open the contextual menu on classes or packages, there is a lot of menu entries about group creation

> I also wanted to reset a group (last modified, last viewed). How can do it ?

For now, there is now way, but I can add this I think :) Stef and I were wondering if those groups are really useful or not. But it seems they are :)

> I added a couple of classes, but strangely, they don't show up in the "last modified" group.

The "last modified" group depend on the RecentMessageList which seems to be broken somehow.
I should fix it

Thanks for your feedback

Ben

On Feb 16, 2012, at 10:12 AM, Luc Fabresse wrote:

Hi Ben,

Nautilus is becoming really nice!

Some thoughts:

- By default, packages are in the first pane and classes in the second pane.
When I click on the hierarchy toggle button, it is swapped (packages in second pane and classes in the first one).
Why swapping ? I think it surprised me.

I know it's surprising, it's a tough discussion between Camillo and me :)
Basically, I didi it this way because when you browse the hierarchy of a class, the classes displayed do not belong to the same package.
So if you keep the same display, you will have a selected package in the first pane, and a set of classes not from this package in the second one.
And it's disturbing too.

So in one hand it's surprising, but on the other hand, the other solution display wrong information.
In a nutshell, I am open to any solution :)

- it misses a descriptions for available plugins in "Nautilus plugin manager"

I should add that :)

- I tested some simple refactorings rename,  .... and it worked. What is missing (should be done) regarding refactorings ?

If think class refactoring are implemented.
I did source code refactoring yesterday.

So variables refactoring are missing, and maybe a few more

Thank you for your feedback

On Feb 16, 2012, at 10:15 AM, Luc Fabresse wrote:

And I forget to say that I didn't get why the background of some methods is yellow?

It's because your method is too long :)

On Feb 16, 2012, at 10:16 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ben,

Nautilus is becoming really nice!

Some thoughts:

- By default, packages are in the first pane and classes in the second pane.
When I click on the hierarchy toggle button, it is swapped (packages in second pane and classes in the first one).
Why swapping ? I think it surprised me.

- it misses a descriptions for available plugins in "Nautilus plugin manager"

- I tested some simple refactorings rename,  .... and it worked. What is missing (should be done) regarding refactorings ?

In my case the one I really miss is method rename. Is the one I use most.

Ben, I will give it a try as soon as possible!!! :)

Cool.

I am really working on that, I hope to finish this for the end of the week (if no surprises :))

Ben

#Luc

2012/2/16 Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]>

2012/2/16 Noury Bouraqadi <[hidden email]>
Ben,

On 14 févr. 2012, at 20:23, Benjamin wrote:

> Basically, the infrastructure is here.
>
> But I still have to copy and past each menu entry :)
>
> It's long and a bit boring, but it's easy to do ^^

I have no idea on how this is implemented. Just wondering if it can't be automated somehow. At least partially (e.g. a skeleton)? A skeleton might allow others to help.

BTW, I installed Nautilus on 1.4-333 yesterday night. Here is some feedback.

I like the group idea. But, how can I add a new group ?

right click on a set of packages and "add in group" or (CMD+e).

Luc

I also wanted to reset a group (last modified, last viewed). How can do it ?
I added a couple of classes, but strangely, they don't show up in the "last modified" group.

Noury

> Ben
>
> On Feb 14, 2012, at 8:15 PM, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
>
>> Cool. I'll give it a try. I'm like mariano, luc and other waiting for RB support to start using Nautilus as the default browser.
>>
>> Noury
>> On 14 févr. 2012, at 18:39, Benjamin wrote:
>>
>>> Hello guys,
>>>
>>> I know a some of you are waiting for the integration of the RB engine into Nautilus.
>>>
>>> Some of them are already implemented, so if you wanna test them, here is the gofer script
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>>     url: 'http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/Nautilus';
>>>     package: 'ConfigurationOfNautilus';
>>>     load.
>>>
>>> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfNautilusRefactoring) perform: #loadDefault
>>>

>>> It loads everything.
>>>
>>> For now I have only done some refactorings for classes, so if you popup the menu on a class, a new item named Refactoring should appear :)
>>>
>>> Moreover, the 'rename class' method is replaced by the RB one :)
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance for your feedback, and if you want to participate, you are more than welcome :)
>>>

>>> Ben
>>
>> Noury
>> --
>> http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
>> http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Noury
--
http://twitter.com/#!/NouryBouraqadi
http://www.kroobe.com/profile/noury

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement,
merci de n'imprimer ce courriel qu'en cas de necessite

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Nautilus Refactorings

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
Exactly ;)

And do not forget that the length can be defined in settings ;)

Ben

On Feb 16, 2012, at 10:17 AM, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> long method ?
>
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> And I forget to say that I didn't get why the background of some methods is
>> yellow?
>>
>> Luc
>>

>> 2012/2/16 Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Hi Ben,
>>>
>>> Nautilus is becoming really nice!
>>>
>>> Some thoughts:
>>>
>>> - By default, packages are in the first pane and classes in the second
>>> pane.
>>> When I click on the hierarchy toggle button, it is swapped (packages in
>>> second pane and classes in the first one).
>>> Why swapping ? I think it surprised me.
>>>
>>> - it misses a descriptions for available plugins in "Nautilus plugin
>>> manager"
>>>
>>> - I tested some simple refactorings rename,  .... and it worked. What is
>>> missing (should be done) regarding refactorings ?
>>>

>>> #Luc

> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
> Matsuno Laboratory, Kyoto University, Japan (until 12/2011)
> http://www.mechatronics.me.kyoto-u.ac.jp/
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Nautilus Refactorings

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
Me too, it's one of my favorite :)

This one, and the red icon for uncommented classes :)

They are the two features which really have changed my way of working.

Ben

On Feb 16, 2012, at 10:27 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> On 16 Feb 2012, at 10:15, Luc Fabresse wrote:
>
>> And I forget to say that I didn't get why the background of some methods is yellow?
>
> Method too long, I love this feature!

Re: Nautilus Refactorings

Sven Van Caekenberghe
I miss running and debugging a single test from Nautilus (the current right-click menu on a method says 'Run Tests', plural, but maybe it only run the selected).

And the simple Toggel Breakpoint stuff, I hate modifying methods with self halt just to have a look at what is happening.