Nautilus>>openOnClass: gives back a debugger

Nautilus>>openOnClass: gives back a debugger

Federico.Balaguer
Hello,

I found a problem when evaluating something like:

Nautilus openOnClass: Object

The result is a new Nautilus on Object but the package tree list is empty and a debugger pops up with a back trace with this:
NautilusUI(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #useLastPackagePatternStringForClass:
Nautilus class>>openOnClass:inEnvironment:
Nautilus class>>openOnClass:

is there other way to open Nautilus programatically.

Thanks!! Federico

Re: Nautilus>>openOnClass: gives back a debugger

stepharo
Hi federico

in which version because we cleaned a lot of bad code in nautilus in 5.0
alpha

Le 6/10/15 01:10, Federico.Balaguer a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I found a problem when evaluating something like:
>
> Nautilus openOnClass: Object
>
> The result is a new Nautilus on Object but the package tree list is empty
> and a debugger pops up with a back trace with this:
> NautilusUI(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #useLastPackagePatternStringForClass:
> Nautilus class>>openOnClass:inEnvironment:
> Nautilus class>>openOnClass:
>
> is there other way to open Nautilus programatically.
>
> Thanks!! Federico

Re: Nautilus>>openOnClass: gives back a debugger

Nicolai Hess

Hi federico

in which version because we cleaned a lot of bad code in nautilus in 5.0 alpha

Le 6/10/15 01:10, Federico.Balaguer a écrit :

Hello,

I found a problem when evaluating something like:

Nautilus openOnClass: Object

The result is a new Nautilus on Object but the package tree list is empty
and a debugger pops up with a back trace with this:
NautilusUI(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #useLastPackagePatternStringForClass:
Nautilus class>>openOnClass:inEnvironment:
Nautilus class>>openOnClass:

is there other way to open Nautilus programatically.

Thanks!! Federico

And is it important whether Nautilus opens or any other installed browser?
You can programatically open the browser with

Object browse.

Re: Nautilus>>openOnClass: gives back a debugger

Marcus Denker-4

On 06 Oct 2015, at 08:31, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi federico

in which version because we cleaned a lot of bad code in nautilus in 5.0 alpha

Le 6/10/15 01:10, Federico.Balaguer a écrit :

Hello,

I found a problem when evaluating something like:

Nautilus openOnClass: Object

The result is a new Nautilus on Object but the package tree list is empty
and a debugger pops up with a back trace with this:
NautilusUI(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #useLastPackagePatternStringForClass:
Nautilus class>>openOnClass:inEnvironment:
Nautilus class>>openOnClass:

is there other way to open Nautilus programatically.

Thanks!! Federico

And is it important whether Nautilus opens or any other installed browser?
You can programatically open the browser with

Object browse.

Or

Smalltalk tools browser fullOnClass: Object

The reason is that it is actually PackageTreeNautilus that is used…
Yes, in need to be cleaned up. We did already a huge step in Pharo5.

If someone wants to do a minimal fix for Pharo4, this would be nice…

Marcus

Re: Nautilus>>openOnClass: gives back a debugger

Federico.Balaguer
Hello,

It is Pharo 4, I forgot to mention that

Federico

Re: Nautilus>>openOnClass: gives back a debugger

Federico.Balaguer
Marcus,

Thanks!! this works as expected

Federico

Re: Nautilus>>openOnClass: gives back a debugger

Federico.Balaguer
Marcus,

I have a very simple fix that seems to work on my side. I implemented:

NautilusUI>>useLastPackagePatternStringForClass: aClass
        ^ self

which seems to be what is return on the subclass of NautilusUI when the last value of a SharedPackageFilterPatternsHolder is nil.

Regards, Federico

Here is the fileout of that method: NautilusUI-package_filter.st

Re: Nautilus>>openOnClass: gives back a debugger

stepharo
Pharo 40 arghhh
Do not look at the code, because we will feel ashamed for years :)
We started to radically clean it in 50 but some monsters still live
there and ugly ones.

Stef

Le 6/10/15 14:40, Federico.Balaguer a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> It is Pharo 4, I forgot to mention that
>
> Federico

Re: Nautilus>>openOnClass: gives back a debugger

Marcus Denker-4

Yes, that should not hurt to be added..

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/16736/Fix-Nautilus-openOnClass-for-Pharo4