Need help with figuring out how to incorporate SqueakSSL + WebClient into Etoys

Need help with figuring out how to incorporate SqueakSSL + WebClient into Etoys

Steve Thomas
So I found Andreas's post on Installing SqueakSSL with Seaside and figured I would try it in Etoys (realizing it may not work).

I tried:
(Installer ss)
project: 'SqueakSSL';
install: 'SqueakSSL-Core';
install: 'SqueakSSL-Tests';
project: 'WebClient';
install: 'WebClient-Core';
install: 'WebClient-Tests';
install: 'WebClient-Seaside'.

But Installer was not defined in Etoys.

I tried using the "SqueakMap Package Loader" in Etoys, but got a message saying "The SqueakMap master server is running version 2.3 and the client is 2.0, You need to upgrade" I clicked yes, I got an exception.

So I tried to load the .mcz files in the order listed by dragging them onto the Etoys image and selecting "load version".  This worked fine for SqueakSSL-Core, but when I tried to load SqueakSSL-Tests, I got an exception (below), the key error (as far as I can tell) is
Receiver: Warning: This package depends on the following classes:
  TestCase.

So from some more searching it seems TestCase is defined in SUnit (makes sense) but when I browse the SUnit in Etoys, I only see TestCaseDebugger (ie: no Test Case).  So I went to SqueakSource and loaded the latest SUnit package (SUnit-NialRoss.40.mcz, didn't bother with the GUI, for now, let me know if I should).  Once I load the new SUnit, SqueakSSL-Tests loads fine.

I then was able to load WebClient-Core and WebClient-Tests.

Now, how do I run the tests?
Also, is this the correct approach? (ie: did I load the correct things or am I missing something?)

My end goal is to allow kids to post to Google Blogs from within Etoys.

Thanks,
Stephen

Re: Need help with figuring out how to incorporate SqueakSSL + WebClient into Etoys

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Sat, 16 Apr 2011, Steve Thomas wrote:

> So I found Andreas's post on Installing SqueakSSL with Seaside
> <http://squeakingalong.wordpress.com/2010/08/07/using-squeakssl-with-seaside/>and
> figured I would try it in Etoys (realizing it may not work).
>
> I tried:
>
> (Installer ss)
> project: 'SqueakSSL';
> install: 'SqueakSSL-Core';
> install: 'SqueakSSL-Tests';
> project: 'WebClient';
> install: 'WebClient-Core';
> install: 'WebClient-Tests';
> install: 'WebClient-Seaside'.
>

> But Installer was not defined in Etoys.
>
> I tried using the "SqueakMap Package Loader" in Etoys, but got a message
> saying "The SqueakMap master server is running version 2.3 and the client is
> 2.0, You need to upgrade" I clicked yes, I got an exception.
>
> So I tried to load the .mcz files in the order listed by dragging them onto
> the Etoys image and selecting "load version".  This worked fine
> for SqueakSSL-Core, but when I tried to load SqueakSSL-Tests, I got an
> exception (below), the key error (as far as I can tell) is
>
> Receiver: Warning: This package depends on the following classes:
>  TestCase.
>

> So from some more searching it seems TestCase is defined in SUnit (makes
> sense) but when I browse the SUnit in Etoys, I only see TestCaseDebugger
> (ie: no Test Case).  So I went to SqueakSource and loaded the latest SUnit
> package (SUnit-NialRoss.40.mcz, didn't bother with the GUI, for now, let me
> know if I should).  Once I load the new SUnit, SqueakSSL-Tests loads fine.

I'm not sure this is the right SUnit version, but you'll see if it works
or not.

> I then was able to load WebClient-Core and WebClient-Tests.
>
> Now, how do I run the tests?

Print it: WebClientServerTest buildSuite run
or load SUnitGUI (though I guess it won't be compatible with your image).

> Also, is this the correct approach? (ie: did I load the correct things or am
> I missing something?)

I think it is. Note that you'll probably face several compatibility
problems. You'll find fixes for most of them in the WebClient-Pharo
package on squeaksource.com.

Levente

> My end goal is to allow kids to post to Google Blogs from within Etoys.
>
> Thanks,
> Stephen

Re: Need help with figuring out how to incorporate SqueakSSL + WebClient into Etoys

Steve Thomas
Thanks Levante,

I tried - Print it: WebClientServerTest buildSuite run::

and got an exception:
MessageNotUnderstood(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #sunitAnnounce:toResult:

My guess is, that as you suspected, I do not have the correct version of Sunit.   Where do I find the correct version?

I tried saving the packages SUnit and SUnitGui, from my Seaside 3.0 image to a local directory, but when I tried to load SUnit I got:

ClassDescription class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #newTraitNamed:uses:category:
Receiver: ClassDescription

So my guess here is I am missing Traits (I can spell this but I don't fully understand them, a pointer to some good documentation would be nice).

Thanks again for your help,
Stephen