Need visibility event

Bert Freudenberg

When running on the OLPC, we need to do certain actions (like
disabling camera, pausing animations, release sound device, etc.)
when the Squeak window is completely hidden. So I need a notification
of that in the image - an event to say we are completely hidden, and
one to say we are (partially) visible.

Any idea how to best do that?

- Bert -

Re: Need visibility event

johnmci

sounds to me like it should be another set of events off of Areithfa
Ffenestri

http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3862

WindowEventIconise
WindowEventActivated
WindowEventPaint

all come to mind, or do you need another.

On Jul 21, 2007, at 10:04 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> When running on the OLPC, we need to do certain actions (like
> disabling camera, pausing animations, release sound device, etc.)
> when the Squeak window is completely hidden. So I need a
> notification of that in the image - an event to say we are
> completely hidden, and one to say we are (partially) visible.
>
> Any idea how to best do that?
>
> - Bert -

===
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>
===

Re: Need visibility event

Bert Freudenberg

No Ffenestri for X11 yet - and if we had it, would these events be
delivered for the main squeak window?

I'd need to have a WindowEventHidden and WindowEventExposed I guess
(though the latter might be equivalent to Paint).

- Bert -