Network Game

Martin Bleichner-2
Hello,

I am trying to implement a (kind of) social science experiment, and would like to do that in squeak.
For that I would like to connect four computers.
On each computer you see a shared screen. Each user can manipulate one aspect on that screen.
More specifically: There is one ball in the center of the screen. And each of the users can move the ball in one direction.
So they control the ball together.

It should be really easy to do, but I do not have too much experience with programming something like that.

Is that possible with squeak?
How should I start?
Is somebody interested in programming something like that?

Best
Martin

Re: Network Game

Bill Six-2
Martin,

OpenCroquet may be of use to you.

Bill

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Martin Bleichner <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to implement a (kind of) social science experiment, and would like to do that in squeak.
For that I would like to connect four computers.
On each computer you see a shared screen. Each user can manipulate one aspect on that screen.
More specifically: There is one ball in the center of the screen. And each of the users can move the ball in one direction.
So they control the ball together.

It should be really easy to do, but I do not have too much experience with programming something like that.

Is that possible with squeak?
How should I start?
Is somebody interested in programming something like that?

Best
Martin

Re: Network Game

Martin Bleichner-2
Hi Bill,

thanks, I already looked into open croquet a bit before.  What I use in sequeak is mainly etoys. Can I use something like etoys in opencroquet?
Martin