New Cobalt Release for 20081120

John Dougan
This is just a small bump to keep some changes in sync.  Wen finished uploading the release will be at http://www.duke.edu/~jd135/downloads/cobalt-base-current-build-20081120.zip and eventually migrate to the opencobalt.org downloads section.

  • The TLS support is now working for the cases we want it to work for, previously it would do incorrect protocol if the server asked it for a certificate.
  • Updated the Phua Khai Fong's Collada import to the latest version.  Works on more models and now will respond to middle click and let you use an edit box.
    • If you find a Google 3D Warehouse or SketchUp kmz export model it doesn't work with, please report the problem on Mantis or the mailing list.
  • Updates to the Chat UI by Liz Wendland.
    • Still in progress though so please report errors and problems.
  • Launch splashscreen should now come up on all platforms
  • Change to Load world from local file so it brings up a file dialog instead of requiring a typed filename. Thanks to Rich White for the code.
  • Now a Linux style CREDITS.txt file in the release.
    • I know it's incomplete, please complain to me directly if there is a problem with it.

Cheers,
  -- John

====================
Name: Chat-jrd.76
Author: jrd
Time: 12 November 2008, 3:30:40 pm
UUID: 29814aae-92e3-4c6a-8e06-935329271047
Ancestors: Chat-jrd.75, Chat-etw.75

Changed:

- Merged in Liz's changes from etw.75

====================
Name: CobaltUI-jrd.23
Author: jrd
Time: 12 November 2008, 3:31:54 pm
UUID: 12fb7a7e-6fb3-4b2e-a4cb-ec428ec2f453
Ancestors: CobaltUI-jrd.22, CobaltUI-etw.21

Changed:

- Merged in Liz Wendland's changs from etw.21

====================
Name: Cobalt-Chat-jrd.5
Author: jrd
Time: 12 November 2008, 3:32:29 pm
UUID: c7bd4ffc-5847-475a-91c6-d57a3d04d7c7
Ancestors: Cobalt-Chat-jrd.4, Cobalt-Chat-etw.4

Changed:

- Merged in Liz's changed from etw.4

====================
Name: MenuUI-jrd.111
Author: jrd
Time: 12 November 2008, 3:33:14 pm
UUID: ecf050eb-21da-4023-b2a9-ab60c047d196
Ancestors: MenuUI-jrd.110, MenuUI-etw.109

Changed:

- Merged in Liz Wendland's changes from etw.109

====================
Name: SSL-jrd.10
Author: jrd
Time: 17 November 2008, 12:48:23 am
UUID: 3d2e1ab8-5838-4cbd-aa1e-0ffc0a833c9b
Ancestors: SSL-dgc.9

Changed:

- Changes to enable the SSL handshake to complete in the case that the server asks for a certificate. Previously it was ignoring the request completely. Now it sees the request sends an empty certificate list in the same manner as OpenSSL.
    - SSLSecurityParameters now has a var to determine if it should send a certificate back to the server. Previously it just used a fixed check against the cipherSuite. If this var is nil, it still uses the suite for the value.  It is now set to true if the server sends a certificate request in the handshake.
    - SSLSecurityParameters now has a predicate #requiresClientCertificateVerify theat is used to see if the cert verify signature needs to be sent during the handshake.
    - SSLSecurityCoordinator has the new setupClientCertificateMsg: to setup the certificate message.  Currently it does nothing as the cert msg is initialize to empty, which is what we want.
    - SSLSecurityCoordinator has the signClientCertificateVerify: to setup the certificate verify message.  Currently it does nothing as we are not sending verifys.
    - Modified SSLClientWaintingForServerHelloDone>>sendMessages to use the #requiresClientCertificateVerify predicate to determine if the cert verify should be sent.
    - Modified SSLClientWaintingForServerHelloDone>>processCertificateRequestMessage:  to set the requiresClientCertificate state in the params to true.
    - Added SSLClientSendCertificate>>send . Creates, sets up, and sends a cert message.
    - Modified SSLClientSendCertificateVerify>>send to hand the certificate verify message to the security coordinator so it can be signed.

- In the process of determining what the problems with the handshake were, a lot of reformatting of the code and modification of the error handling was done.
    - New error class SSLConnectionClosedError to be thrown when the SSL machinery notices that the socket has been closed.
    - Most of the error logging has been commented out, but a bit remains. Searching for the string '{SSL-' in the sources will find it.

====================
Name: Collada-kayef.22
Author: kayef
Time: 14 November 2008, 6:33:57 pm
UUID: b5ab9928-3336-7d4c-a26a-af53dd3841ea
Ancestors: Collada-kayef.21

Added scaling and positioning info
Edit box works

====================
Name: MenuUI-jrd.112
Author: jrd
Time: 20 November 2008, 3:12:07 pm
UUID: 5a7ca1a0-61f1-4a8a-975b-0efbe6ca4600
Ancestors: MenuUI-jrd.111

Changed:

- modified CroquetMenuProject>>actionLoadWorld to throw up a file dialog to get the file instead of having the user type a file name.  Thanks to Rich White [hidden email] for the code.

====================
Name: CobaltMorph-jrd.16
Author: jrd
Time: 20 November 2008, 3:30:59 pm
UUID: a253c66b-9cd7-4d27-89f6-7262d2143b8d
Ancestors: CobaltMorph-jrd.15

Changed:

- Modifies CobaltParticipant>>initialize so that the path to the splashscreen is cross-platform so the splashscreen will show up.

====================
Name: SSL-jrd.11
Author: jrd
Time: 20 November 2008, 3:47:13 pm
UUID: 8f293a7f-5648-4312-989a-ffa6da595345
Ancestors: SSL-jrd.10

Changed:

- Remove tracing left in SSLSocket class>>newConnection:port: by accident.

====================
Name: Collada-jrd.23
Author: jrd
Time: 20 November 2008, 4:51:56 pm
UUID: f9009ddd-1faf-4239-aaac-ce1d4be65756
Ancestors: Collada-kayef.22, Collada-jrd.22

Changed:

- - Moved the OpenGL>>primCount:forMode: to the OpenGL-Core package.

====================
Name: Cobalt-Chat-ewt.6
Author: ewt
Time: 12 November 2008, 8:56:15 pm
UUID: 416352b0-96c8-46ac-993e-5253b5ec3de8
Ancestors: Cobalt-Chat-jrd.5

Fixed a couple oops

====================

John Dougan

New Cobalt Release for 20081120

Ankh'nAton
Hi,
I noticed a little less system load (minus 5-8%) with this new version.

My machines specs are...
Celeron-M 2GHz, 1024Mb, GeForce FX5200

and I'm running Cobalt on Ubuntu Linux 8.04 with the latest binary drivers from
NVidias website.

Regards...
Th. Braun