New Cog VMs available

Eliot Miranda-2

...at http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3072.

CogVM binaries as per VMMaker.oscog-eem.876/r3072

Fix bad regression in FilePlugin>>primitiveFileSetPosition introduces around
r2797 that breaks > 1Gb file access.

Change manifest files on Windows to make app HIGHDPIAWARE.  Create a
manifest for the consolevm and include it in the archive.

Fix bug with become where duplicate entries in the input
array would crash the system (thanks Igor).

Make nameOfClass: more robust, in both the real and simulated VMs.

Regenerate sources after refactoring Slang code to ask classes what methods
they want to include based on their initializationOptions inst var instead
of the centralized VMMaker.

Generate Spur Newspeak VMs with the new CompiledMethod header format.  This will
break the Newspeak Spur bootstrap until NOF generation and/or loading is fixed.

best,
Eliot

best,
Eliot

Re: New Cog VMs available

Karl Ramberg

Spur crashes regularly in my machine, Windows 8.1.
Crash dump attached.

Best regards,
Karl

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 4:58 AM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

crash.dmp (75K) Download Attachment

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [Vm-dev] New Cog VMs available

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Karl,

    do you have a reproducible case I can study?  Best is when the image crashes on startup without user intervention, e.g. a doit in an image with a small screen and very few windows open:

Smalltalk snapshot: true andQuit: true.
self doThatThingThatMakesTheVMCrash

best,
Eliot

Re: [squeak-dev] Re: [Vm-dev] New Cog VMs available

Karl Ramberg

Hi,
This reproduces it :

1 to: 50 do:[: i | Browser open].

Low memory warning pops up and the vm crashes.

Best regards,
Karl