New Island

waufrepi III
Hello all,

   I've posted an "island" @
http://www.waufrepi.com/waufrepiles/Avartars01.c3d

  couple notes....
      view from the front( the back is marked by a raised plane on the land
part of the mesh).
      view off the island ( outerspace) using the scroll to get a better
look....you can climb around the thing though
      supposed to be called Avatars01(first in a series), but made a mistake
typing when added to my site.
       This was very much an experiment so Avatar01 is a work in progress and
the first in a series. note, note: this is not meant to be an actual "avatar"
(triangle = 14250).
       When complete Avatar01 will be donated to the Croquet consort.

ciao
   wfpi
   if no worky let me know so I can fix.  what do you think?      now on to
my domestic responsibilies ;)

New Island

Americo Damasceno
Dear wfpi,

Your donation for the "Cobalt community" will be welcomed.

Some comments about your island:

1 - The floor is too much below the "entry point". Like the "empty island"
(DMU0.c3d) is empty (oops!) you need to load your island immediately when you
enter on it (the avatar falls). Any object loaded will be in front of the
position of the avatar at the moment of the load (independent of its rotation).
Look this picture of your island:

http://www.dmu.com/cobalt/wfpi1.jpg

By-the-way: to change the camera perspective you press "Ctrl" and "A". 4 camera
positions. The pointer needs to be over the sky.
By-the-way-2: The avatar flies until it is over a floor. To make it go down/up
when not over a floor, use the arrow keys (up/down).

2 - I can not understand what you are modeling. Maybe because the textures are
not implemented yet.

http://www.dmu.com/cobalt/wfpi2.jpg

An important detail: our recomendations is that: any avatar for Cobalt needs to
have the height of 5 "Blender units" or less to go inside rooms by doors. Of
course if you are creating a "dragon" etc. this can be different.

http://www.dmu.com/cobalt/wfpi3.jpg

At the material (a complete Croquet) that can be downloaded from our old
tutorial at:

http://www.dmu.com/crb2

you can find the .blend file of our avatar (the ninja) that can be loaded to
Blender. Look:

http://www.dmu.com/cobalt/wfpi4.jpg

You can change the textures creating  easyly  new avatares or characters (we
call these LEGO-like guys: "DMUrgs") like you can see at this island:

http://www.dmu.com/cobalt/DMU15.c3d

I am waiting from you, new video tutorials presented by your "sexy" voice :-)

Re: New Island

waufrepi III

Hey Americo,

I think I fixed the location of the island..... when  using Tpainter to write, doubled file size.  cool tool though..

......view from the Sculpture Park sign.

http://www.waufrepi.com/waufrepiles/Avatars01.c3d

waufrepi

ps won't get to the vid tutes until later in wk or this wknd.....busy wk at work

On 3/24/08, Americo Fraga Damasceno Junior <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Paul Sheldon-2
It looks like somebody. I think this is 3D painter
stuff.
You managed to give the impression of an avatar
but you didn't use a mesh or skinning or whatever
as I believe you said below.

This is a good beginning idea; sort of an
impressionistic 3D thing.

Incidently,

Using web address rather than downloading into cache
seem to make an event loop slow down for poor
feedback.

--- [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>    I've posted an "island" @
> http://www.waufrepi.com/waufrepiles/Avartars01.c3d
>
>   couple notes....
> the first in a series. note, note: this is not meant
> to be an actual "avatar"

Re: New Island

waufrepi III

Hi Paul,

      thanks for your continued encouragement as well as your observations.

I tried to fix the location of the island with the new ( maybe you looked at old link?)

http://www.waufrepi.com/waufrepiles/Avatars01.c3d

but failed, I'll have to take another look, this weekend...think I'll have to be sort of a weekend warrior with this project.

I also did some tests with 3d painter on that address. (has sculpture park sign).

The model is supposed to be a representation of an "avatar".

With the word avatar being used so frequently today I started to ask myself some questions......what, or more importantly who does an avatar represent? in what type of space and within what conceptual boundaries? I hope to gain a better understanding of the personal associated with these things that an individual chooses as an abstraction of (me)........  much, much more on this.

Conceptually, I wonder whether people will be interested in visting sculptured spaces (or alternatively painted spaces etc.) when they have breaks between their collaborative meetings with associates from all over the world.      (?)

this system has tons and tons and tons of possibilities, and with them tons and tons to learn

wfpi := self create