New Site ?

Chris Cunnington-3
>Hi, it seems that source.squeak.org is now hijacked as a the http server of
>the new site.
>Where are we supposed to find the http Monticello server of trunk?

Basically all the squeak.org services were handled by a wildcard. I overwrote it to ensure www.squeak.org worked an knocked out -- oh -- map, wiki, source, etc. Maybe ftp as well.
It was accidental. It's all temporary. A learning curve. It'll get fixed tomorrow.

Levente has offered to help, so you know it'll all have a happy ending.

Please consider the next day or so a prolonged maintenance window. This infrastructure is taking a long overdue deep breath.

Chris

Re: New Site ?

Nicolas Cellier

>Hi, it seems that source.squeak.org is now hijacked as a the http server of
>the new site.
>Where are we supposed to find the http Monticello server of trunk?

Basically all the squeak.org services were handled by a wildcard. I overwrote it to ensure www.squeak.org worked an knocked out -- oh -- map, wiki, source, etc. Maybe ftp as well.
It was accidental. It's all temporary. A learning curve. It'll get fixed tomorrow.

Levente has offered to help, so you know it'll all have a happy ending.

Please consider the next day or so a prolonged maintenance window. This infrastructure is taking a long overdue deep breath.

Chris

I did expect this kind of answer, a simple reminder, just in case.
Thanks for the big spring cleaning anyway

Re: New Site ?

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Chris,

    which people are working on the site?  Who should I ask to make modifications?  BTW, it looks *great*!

TIA

--
best,
Eliot

Re: New Site ?

timrowledge

On 11-03-2014, at 6:50 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
>     which people are working on the site?  Who should I ask to make modifications?  BTW, it looks *great*!

Best bet is to mail the web team list - [hidden email]

tim
Performance is easier to add than clarity.

Re: New Site ?

Enrico Spinielli-2

Yes great improvement!
if I may I would suggest to add SqueakJS both to the initial snapshot gallery and to the Projects page.
I haven't seen it in yet...but could have missed it
Bye
Enrico

On Mar 12, 2014 2:51 AM, "Eliot Miranda" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Chris,

    which people are working on the site?  Who should I ask to make modifications?  BTW, it looks *great*!

TIA

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Chris Cunnington <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hi, it seems that source.squeak.org is now hijacked as a the http server of
>the new site.
>Where are we supposed to find the http Monticello server of trunk?

Basically all the squeak.org services were handled by a wildcard. I overwrote it to ensure www.squeak.org worked an knocked out -- oh -- map, wiki, source, etc. Maybe ftp as well.
It was accidental. It's all temporary. A learning curve. It'll get fixed tomorrow.

Levente has offered to help, so you know it'll all have a happy ending.

Please consider the next day or so a prolonged maintenance window. This infrastructure is taking a long overdue deep breath.

Chris

--
best,
Eliot

Re: New Site ?

Hannes Hirzel
The site looks great!

http://www.squeak.org/

Clicking on the 'download' button (at the bottom of the page)

brings

http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak-4.3-All-in-One.zip

instead of 4.5

--Hannes

On 3/12/14, Enrico Spinielli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes great improvement!
> if I may I would suggest to add SqueakJS both to the initial snapshot
> gallery and to the Projects page.
> I haven't seen it in yet...but could have missed it
> Bye
> Enrico
> On Mar 12, 2014 2:51 AM, "Eliot Miranda" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>>     which people are working on the site?  Who should I ask to make
>> modifications?  BTW, it looks *great*!
>>
>> TIA

>>> Basically all the squeak.org services were handled by a wildcard. I
>>> overwrote it to ensure www.squeak.org worked an knocked out -- oh --
>>> map, wiki, source, etc. Maybe ftp as well.
>>> It was accidental. It's all temporary. A learning curve. It'll get fixed
>>> tomorrow.
>>>
>>> Levente has offered to help, so you know it'll all have a happy ending.
>>>
>>> Please consider the next day or so a prolonged maintenance window. This
>>> infrastructure is taking a long overdue deep breath.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>>

>> --
>> best,
>> Eliot

Re: New Site ?

timrowledge

On 13-03-2014, at 6:12 AM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The site looks great!
>
> http://www.squeak.org/
>
> Clicking on the 'download' button (at the bottom of the page)
>
> brings
>
> http://ftp.squeak.org/4.3/Squeak-4.3-All-in-One.zip

Yup - lots of content updating to do. DNS type magic is the first priority though.

tim
Strange OpCodes: BZR: Branch if piZza Ready