New Squeaksource ...

Geert Claes
Administrator
I only just now noticed the interesting cloudforksso post on the seaside forum.  Even though SmalltalkSource (if that will be its new name?) is an Iliad project I reckon it would be great if it would be able to use such a single sign-on.

Ref:
http://blog.doit.st/2011/02/15/cloudforksso-openid-and-oauth-support-for-smalltalk
http://forum.world.st/good-news-of-the-year-tt3083142.html#a3086645

Re: New Squeaksource ...

SergeStinckwich
Yes. Great idea !

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Geert Claes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I only just now noticed the interesting
> http://blog.doit.st/2011/02/15/cloudforksso-openid-and-oauth-support-for-smalltalk
> cloudforksso  post on the seaside forum.  Even though SmalltalkSource (if
> that will be its new name?) is an
> http://forum.world.st/good-news-of-the-year-tt3083142.html#a3086645 Iliad
> project  I reckon it would be great if it would be able to use such a single
> sign-on.
>
> Ref:
> http://blog.doit.st/2011/02/15/cloudforksso-openid-and-oauth-support-for-smalltalk
> http://blog.doit.st/2011/02/15/cloudforksso-openid-and-oauth-support-for-smalltalk
> http://forum.world.st/good-news-of-the-year-tt3083142.html#a3086645
> http://forum.world.st/good-news-of-the-year-tt3083142.html#a3086645

Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: New Squeaksource ...

Janko Mivšek
On 16. 02. 2011 08:31, Geert Claes wrote:

> I only just now noticed the interesting
> http://blog.doit.st/2011/02/15/cloudforksso-openid-and-oauth-support-for-smalltalk
> cloudforksso  post on the seaside forum.  Even though SmalltalkSource (if
> that will be its new name?) is an
> http://forum.world.st/good-news-of-the-year-tt3083142.html#a3086645 Iliad
> project  I reckon it would be great if it would be able to use such a single
> sign-on.

It would be nice to rebirth back past Squeak People into something like
Smalltalk People on http://people.world.st and use account there for
single sign-on on all other Smalltalk websites, what do you think?

We'd need that for our GSoC site for instance, to avoid that painful
registration process needed to differentiate real Smalltalkers from
spammers...

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: New Squeaksource ...

Geert Claes
Administrator
Janko Mivšek wrote
It would be nice to rebirth back past Squeak People into something like Smalltalk People on http://people.world.st and use account there for single sign-on on all other Smalltalk websites, what do you think?

We'd need that for our GSoC site for instance, to avoid that painful registration process needed to differentiate real Smalltalkers from spammers...
I'm in favor of not have all these different accounts everywhere hence why I was excited to see Seaside supporting OAuth/OpenID so people can sign-up with their Google/Yahoo/Twitter/Facebook etc accounts they already have.  Maybe the sso can be ported to AIDA as well?

Re: New Squeaksource ...

Jan van de Sandt
Hello,

Porting CloudforkSSO to AIDA should be pretty easy. The OAuth and OpenID base classes use WAUrl and the JSON classes of Seaside. AIDA probably has good alternatives for these.

Jan.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Geert Claes <[hidden email]> wrote:

Janko Mivšek wrote:

> It would be nice to rebirth back past Squeak People into something like
> Smalltalk People on http://people.world.st and use account there for
> single sign-on on all other Smalltalk websites, what do you think?
>
> We'd need that for our GSoC site for instance, to avoid that painful
> registration process needed to differentiate real Smalltalkers from
> spammers...

I'm in favor of not have all these different accounts everywhere hence why I
was excited to see Seaside supporting OAuth/OpenID so people can sign-up
with their Google/Yahoo/Twitter/Facebook etc accounts they already have.
Maybe the sso can be ported to AIDA as well?

Re: New Squeaksource ...

Janko Mivšek
Hi Jan,

On 16. 02. 2011 12:18, Jan van de Sandt wrote:

> Porting CloudforkSSO to AIDA should be pretty easy. The OAuth and OpenID
> base classes use WAUrl and the JSON classes of Seaside. AIDA probably
> has good alternatives for these.

Good to know that! Another issue could be a portability. Aida is always
up-to-date on Squeak/Pharo and VisualWorks thanks to a big care that all
code is portable upfront.

How is CloudFork portable, do you use or plan to use libraries like
Sport for socket level portability?

Best regards
Janko

> Jan.
>
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Geert Claes <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>     Janko Mivšek wrote:
>     >
>     > It would be nice to rebirth back past Squeak People into something
>     like
>     > Smalltalk People on http://people.world.st and use account there for
>     > single sign-on on all other Smalltalk websites, what do you think?
>     >
>     > We'd need that for our GSoC site for instance, to avoid that painful
>     > registration process needed to differentiate real Smalltalkers from
>     > spammers...
>     >
>
>     I'm in favor of not have all these different accounts everywhere
>     hence why I
>     was excited to see Seaside supporting OAuth/OpenID so people can sign-up
>     with their Google/Yahoo/Twitter/Facebook etc accounts they already have.
>     Maybe the sso can be ported to AIDA as well?
>
>     --

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: New Squeaksource ...

Jan van de Sandt
Hi Janko,

CloudforkSSO has its own small portability layer. The library is already ported to VA Smalltalk. A VisualWorks version will be available within a few days.

CloudforkSSO uses an abstract HttpClient class that has a different concrete subclass for each platform. So no need for socket level portability. For future versions we were thinking about using Grease. The main reason for this is portable UTF-8 support.

Cheers,
Jan.

2011/2/16 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>
Hi Jan,

On 16. 02. 2011 12:18, Jan van de Sandt wrote:

> Porting CloudforkSSO to AIDA should be pretty easy. The OAuth and OpenID
> base classes use WAUrl and the JSON classes of Seaside. AIDA probably
> has good alternatives for these.

Good to know that! Another issue could be a portability. Aida is always
up-to-date on Squeak/Pharo and VisualWorks thanks to a big care that all
code is portable upfront.

How is CloudFork portable, do you use or plan to use libraries like
Sport for socket level portability?

Best regards
Janko

> Jan.
>
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Geert Claes <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>     Janko Mivšek wrote:
>     >
>     > It would be nice to rebirth back past Squeak People into something
>     like
>     > Smalltalk People on http://people.world.st and use account there for
>     > single sign-on on all other Smalltalk websites, what do you think?
>     >
>     > We'd need that for our GSoC site for instance, to avoid that painful
>     > registration process needed to differentiate real Smalltalkers from
>     > spammers...
>     >
>
>     I'm in favor of not have all these different accounts everywhere
>     hence why I
>     was excited to see Seaside supporting OAuth/OpenID so people can sign-up
>     with their Google/Yahoo/Twitter/Facebook etc accounts they already have.
>     Maybe the sso can be ported to AIDA as well?
>
>     --

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: New Squeaksource ...

NorbertHartl

On 16.02.2011, at 13:09, Jan van de Sandt wrote:

Hi Janko,

CloudforkSSO has its own small portability layer. The library is already ported to VA Smalltalk. A VisualWorks version will be available within a few days.

CloudforkSSO uses an abstract HttpClient class that has a different concrete subclass for each platform. So no need for socket level portability. For future versions we were thinking about using Grease. The main reason for this is portable UTF-8 support.

That would be great! I would like to have these on gemstone. Did you take any effort in supporting this?

Norbert

2011/2/16 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>
Hi Jan,

On 16. 02. 2011 12:18, Jan van de Sandt wrote:

> Porting CloudforkSSO to AIDA should be pretty easy. The OAuth and OpenID
> base classes use WAUrl and the JSON classes of Seaside. AIDA probably
> has good alternatives for these.

Good to know that! Another issue could be a portability. Aida is always
up-to-date on Squeak/Pharo and VisualWorks thanks to a big care that all
code is portable upfront.

How is CloudFork portable, do you use or plan to use libraries like
Sport for socket level portability?

Best regards
Janko

> Jan.
>
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Geert Claes <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>     Janko Mivšek wrote:
>     >
>     > It would be nice to rebirth back past Squeak People into something
>     like
>     > Smalltalk People on http://people.world.st and use account there for
>     > single sign-on on all other Smalltalk websites, what do you think?
>     >
>     > We'd need that for our GSoC site for instance, to avoid that painful
>     > registration process needed to differentiate real Smalltalkers from
>     > spammers...
>     >
>
>     I'm in favor of not have all these different accounts everywhere
>     hence why I
>     was excited to see Seaside supporting OAuth/OpenID so people can sign-up
>     with their Google/Yahoo/Twitter/Facebook etc accounts they already have.
>     Maybe the sso can be ported to AIDA as well?
>
>     --

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: New Squeaksource ...

Jan van de Sandt
Hi Norbert,

No, there is no GemStone port yet and I don't have any experience with GemStone. It should not be too difficult I think.

Jan.

On 16.02.2011, at 13:55, Jan van de Sandt wrote:

Hi Norbert,

No, there is no GemStone port yet and I don't have any experience with GemStone. It should not be too difficult I think.

Isn't there a lot of crypto stuff involved?

Norbert

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 16.02.2011, at 13:09, Jan van de Sandt wrote:

Hi Janko,

CloudforkSSO has its own small portability layer. The library is already ported to VA Smalltalk. A VisualWorks version will be available within a few days.

CloudforkSSO uses an abstract HttpClient class that has a different concrete subclass for each platform. So no need for socket level portability. For future versions we were thinking about using Grease. The main reason for this is portable UTF-8 support.

That would be great! I would like to have these on gemstone. Did you take any effort in supporting this?

Norbert

2011/2/16 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>
Hi Jan,

On 16. 02. 2011 12:18, Jan van de Sandt wrote:

> Porting CloudforkSSO to AIDA should be pretty easy. The OAuth and OpenID
> base classes use WAUrl and the JSON classes of Seaside. AIDA probably
> has good alternatives for these.

Good to know that! Another issue could be a portability. Aida is always
up-to-date on Squeak/Pharo and VisualWorks thanks to a big care that all
code is portable upfront.

How is CloudFork portable, do you use or plan to use libraries like
Sport for socket level portability?

Best regards
Janko

> Jan.
>
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Geert Claes <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>

>     Janko Mivšek wrote:
>     >
>     > It would be nice to rebirth back past Squeak People into something
>     like
>     > Smalltalk People on http://people.world.st and use account there for
>     > single sign-on on all other Smalltalk websites, what do you think?
>     >
>     > We'd need that for our GSoC site for instance, to avoid that painful
>     > registration process needed to differentiate real Smalltalkers from
>     > spammers...
>     >
>
>     I'm in favor of not have all these different accounts everywhere
>     hence why I
>     was excited to see Seaside supporting OAuth/OpenID so people can sign-up
>     with their Google/Yahoo/Twitter/Facebook etc accounts they already have.
>     Maybe the sso can be ported to AIDA as well?
>
>     --

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: New Squeaksource ...

Jan van de Sandt
No, CloudforkSSO only supports HMAC-SHA1 signatures. This is enough to work with the major providers.

You do need to handle https requests. But I learned that this can be done with a plain HttpClient and stunnel.

Jan.